Senior Project Manager
What’s the opportunity?The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing and leading projects. Successfully managing projects requires excellent organization, documentation, communication skills as well as the ability to help design innovative solutions when faced with complex issues. To effectively lead a project, the Project Manager requires the ability to align with all relevant stakeholders both internally and externally. This role will be directly accountable for achieving targets that relate to the planning, network, and/or procurement sides of the business.
What will you be doing?
• Manage multiple/complex projects within a project-based delivery model
• Maintain all project related documentation, including project plans, process flows/VSM’s, resource requirements and business cases
• Communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables; Escalate quickly as necessary
• Lead change management with all stakeholders – internal and external; Lead without authority and be confident and assertive with a willingness to challenge appropriately
• Serve as the single point of contact and be accountable for all project related activities & requests
• Deliver projects on time and in budget with quality solutions
• Offer solutions for improving our tools and processes
• Build rapport with project team and customer stakeholders
• Anticipates internal and external challenges
• Successfully transfer knowledge to other relevant internal teams as well as provide support as needed
• Leverage technical expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results
• Track and report project financials (budgeted vs actual) for allocated resource hours and billings
• Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Project Management Professional certification preferred, but not required
• A minimum of 4 years of project management experience preferred
• Equivalent work experience may be considered
• Supply Chain, Logistics, and/or Transportation experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communication skills: strong listener with exceptional facilitation skills and the ability to tell the story and connect to your audience
• Ability to organize, design, develop and deliver projects for internal and external audiences at all levels
• Ability to collaborate effectively with subject matter experts internally and externally at all levels
• Experience working and thriving in a continuous improvement environment
• Experience with lean processes and tools such as value stream mapping, A3 project management, visual management, Pareto Analysis and fishbone diagrams
• Experience and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and able to deliver with minimal oversight
• Experience working directly with customers
• Flexible hours (some weekend/late hours may be required)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint & Project
• Up to 25% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Global supply chains are growing increasingly complex. Businesses need the latest technology and industry expertise to advance and stay ahead of the competition. At TMC, a division of C.H. Robinson, we understand what makes supply chains faster, stronger, and more efficient. As a leader in global logistics management, we combine industry expertise with our global technology platform, Navisphere®, to support the world’s most complex supply chains. Our logistics experts are located in six Control Tower® locations around the world: Amsterdam, Chicago, Mumbai, São Paulo, Shanghai, and Wrocław. This Control Tower® network, supported by our technology platform, connects our customers to their suppliers and supply chain partners. Our customers leverage these capabilities to manage their logistics in over 170 countries across all modes of transportation. For more information, visit www.mytmc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran