Supply Chain Engineer
The Supply Chain Engineer will design solutions and develop capabilities to support the strategic vision of TMC and the Customer. These solutions include continuous improvement and optimization of a customer’s supply chain including but not limited to sourcing, transportation, network layout, inventory, facility layout, order management, warehouse, material flow, etc.Key tasks include data gathering and cleansing, trend analysis, problem solving, solution design, process documentation, stakeholder communication and development of financial baselines and savings calculations.This role will also participate in the development of enterprise level or supply chain strategies for TMC and its customers.
This role can be located in a centralized team, customer account team or onsite with the customer.
- Analyze historic and forecasted data to generate summaries, baselines and cost improvement opportunities
- Can develop moderately complex solutions and recommendations for customer issues or opportunities using technical expertise and judgment
- Self-guided and can work independently to implement customer solutions including documenting customer procedures, training and resolving operational issues
- Manage projects including defining scope, developing project plan, tracking activities, reporting on progress and milestones and measuring results
- Align and communicate with customer or internal stakeholders to gather information, voice of customer, scope, opportunities, deliverables and project milestones
- Generate appropriate communications for delivering project updates and summaries to internal and external audiences
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of department strategies for team skill and capability development or enhancement
- May lead small project teams within department or function
- Receive coaching, guidance and feedback from others to support personal and technical skill development
- Provides coaching and guidance to less experienced team members for onboarding, training and skill development
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or STEM related field
- Minimum 2 years of operations or related work experience including internships or advanced education/degree
- Experience in the following tools:
- Data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Supply chain optimization tools such as Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru
- SQL, Access or other tools
- Comfortable using Microsoft Excel to analyze and summarize data, including graphs, charts, formulas, functions, solvers and regression analysis
- Able to identify trends, patterns and outliers in supply chain data and form insights and recommendations
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office tools to generate communications
- Strong organization and task management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while managing multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
- Understanding of end to end supply chain functions and relationships
- Knowledge of lean processes and tools for continuous improvement
- Must contribute to our culture focused on trust and respect for all team members, Customer-first strategies, and continuous improvement
- Up to 10% travel may be required (domestic and/or international)
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.