Supply Chain Engineering Supervisor
TheSupervisorSupply Chain Engineeringwill be supporting,supervising, coaching and developing a team of supply chain engineers that are part of TMC’s Global Engineering Team. In collaboration with the Manager of Supply Chain Engineering, they will be involved in long term strategy development and will be accountable for successful delivery of roadmapinitiatives;including responsibility for managing the execution of projects consistent with the development, adaptation and deployment of systems and processes for TMC’s Customers.
- Supervisea team of high performing supply chain analysts and engineers.
- Jointly with theManager of Supply Chain Engineering, support the development of the team of engineers.
- Support the development of the supply chain engineering vision, strategy, androadmap
- Deploy supply chain solutions that align with our strategicroadmap
- Development of supply chain improvement strategies in support of customer specific goals
- Understand the use of optimization/decision support tools to perform global supply chain studies, routing optimization and transportation, inventory, and total landed costanalyses
- Champion a strong PDCA based project management process for the engineers under theirresponsibility
- Actively engage and mentor engineering projects under their scope of responsibilities
- Lead by example our IMPACT Culture: Innovative, Motivated, Positive, Accountable, Character & Teamwork
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specificrequirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 6 years of professional work experience
- Experience mentoring and or coaching small projectteams
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel to analyze and summarize data, including graphs, charts, formulas, functions, solvers and regressionanalysis
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Experience using data visualization and analyticaltools
- Experience with network modeling tools such as Supply Chain Guru,Anylogistix, ILOG, CAPS, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 20% (domestic and/or international)
- Ability to lead the team by inspiring trust, developing others and building talent
- Fosters open communication, speaks with impact and listens attentively
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Delegates effectively, focuses on continuous improvement and problem resolution
- Basic understanding of Lean tools such as VSM, A3 management, pareto analysis, fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Able to identify trends, patterns and outliers in supply chain data and form insights and recommendations,
- Understanding of end to end supply chain functions and relationships
- Champion of lean processes and tools for continuous improvement
- Outstanding organization, communication and change management skills
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.