Sales Executive - Global Forwarding (Fall 2019)
What’s the opportunity?
Our Cincinnati Global Forwarding office is seeking a Sales Executive for the outside sales team. The Sales Executive is a highly motivated individual with excellent relationship-building, selling, and communication skills. The Sales Executive will directly generate revenue and drive new business by managing face-to-face sales meetings, building relationships, presenting recommendations for supply chain improvements, and closing sales. He/She will work closely with inside sales personnel, branch agents and branch management to create a highly profitable and efficient sales team.
What will you be doing?
- Identify opportunities where C.H. Robinson’s solutions can add value and drive efficiencies within customers’ supply chain demands
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, partnering with senior sales personnel at times depending on complexity of customer needs
- Visit customers and potential clients within assigned territory 3-to-4 days per week
- Collaborate with manager to ensure alignment with branch strategies in forecasting, business planning, and pipeline development.
- Utilize Opportunity Management system to organize, update and keep records of customer information
- Focus on selling core products, modes and services of the branch, pulling in SMEs and additional resources as necessary to meet customer needs
- Have continuous engagement with customers to maintain close relationships and ensure ongoing success with accounts
- Demonstrate solid decision-making skills and ability to prioritize ever-changing daily tasks
- Possess knowledge of logistical concepts and supply chain terminology
- Monitor inside sales coordinators’ account administration and agent activity including sourcing carriers, load building, data entry, tracking/tracing, etc., to ensure a seamless and positive customer experience.
What are we looking for?
WORK EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory, minimum 3-4 days per week
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and using the Internet
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS (Certifications, Licenses, etc.)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field a plus
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.