Operations Supervisor (Warehouse) - Entry LevelApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of a highly-productive facility, overseeing receiving, quality control, re-packing, and shipping functions as directed by the Warehouse Manager. You’ll assist the Manager to ensure that the location is in full compliance with Food Facility Safety regulatory standards and policy. You’ll be expected to learn and understand all the Warehouse Manager’s functions as it relays to current and day-to-day operations of receiving, repacking, shipping, and inventory control so as to be able to act in the manager’s absence.
This is a fast-paced, high-energy role where you’ll see the impact of your work every day. It is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of logistics and learn our industry from the ground up in order to drive your career advancement potential. Thorough training will be provided covering all aspects of the position.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible to know and understand all the Service Center Manager’s functions as it relays to current operations and day to day functions
- Assists manager to assure that the location is in full compliance with Food Safety regulatory
standards and policy
- Strictly ensure all personal safety, food safety, and physical security measures are completed to standard
- Be a conduit of information between the Service Center Manager and the members of the service team you routinely work with
- Completely understand the P&L process by being proficient in Navisphere Analytics, Famous, Cognos, etc.
- Execute classes /instruction to potentially all members of the service center as directed by the manager
- Execute additional duties as assigned by the Service Center Manager which potentially
include, but not limited to: Safety Manager, Budget Lead, 3rd Party Staffing Liaison, etc.
What are we looking for?
1-3 years of management experience in warehouse / distribution / manufacturing operations or similar environment
Must have a proven history of delivering results and demonstrated effective leadership skills
Delivers detail oriented, accurate and organized results under pressure
Ability to interact effectively among all levels of the organization; team oriented philosophy
Demonstrates the desire and capacity to operate in an entrepreneurial, multi-task environment
Proven ability to effectively communicate information and/or instructions; Excellent verbal & written skills
Staffing and organizational development; ability to mentor, develop and lead dynamic groups
PC/Computer system proficiency specifically Excel
Bachelor's Degree preferred
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran