Senior Sales ExecutiveApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
C.H. Robinson’s Senior Sales Executives are responsible for generating new customers, building customer relationships and driving new business by leveraging all of C.H. Robinson's logistics services from transactional to strategic. This position will be responsible for promoting and selling C.H. Robinson's products and services in accordance with organizational sales policies and processes, and in pursuit of established objectives.
As a Senior Sales Executive you will inform and educate potential customers on all of the innovative ways that C.H. Robinson delivers supply chain and logistics solutions. You’ll be selling for the industry leader and be backed by people, process and technology that are second-to-none. Better yet, you’ll be provided with the training, tools and resources needed to consistently win new business.
What will you be doing?
- Prospect with a "hunter" mentality, combining knowledge of prospective customers with best practices to gain access to key stakeholders.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities through analysis and discovery, understanding key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach for each potential customer
- Independently qualify potential sales opportunities including the full scope of customer potential
- Lead and participate in face-to-face meetings and proposals with customers at all levels (C, V, D and M)
- Develop tailored solutions to customers focused on delivering value & supporting the customer’s business.
- Partner with internal team to create a solution based on customer needs, including appropriate pricing strategy, solution implementation and future customer growth potential
- Participate in face-to-face meetings to present proposals, offer solutions, and close business
- Collaborate with internal account management team through customer implementation
- Engage internal resources on pricing strategy and account implementation plans
- Review sales activities and prospective customers with management
- Design and pursue a personal development plan in collaboration with management
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in transportation or logistics
- Fluent English and native German speaker is a must (additional European languages are an asset)
- Enthusiastic, competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to sell both Inside (phone and email solicitation) & Outside (face-to-face meetings, proposals, closings)
- Strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills, and business acumen
- Strong communicate skills across all levels of a customer’s organization including C-Level.
- Ability to collaborate internally with all levels of sales resources and other team resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel as needed
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.
Move your career forward at C.H. Robinson
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We invest in you from your first day in the company when you join our JumpStart training in Amsterdam. As you move forward in your role, you obtain new trainings, such as Win by Design and the Leadership Development Program, to support your future growth.
Giving back to our communities and our industry is part of our DNA at C.H. Robinson. When you join our company, you have the opportunity to be part of our Corporate Social Responsibility ambassador program and to make a difference in your local community.
Career opportunities and workplace:
C.H. Robinson - accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here. Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company.
C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen: quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their indepth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go around.
Please note that any CVs that are emailed directly in to the business and not via our recruitment portal, will not be considered. In order to be considered for a career at C.H. Robinson apply through our recruitment portalhttps://jobs.chrobinson.com/chr-careers
For specific questions about this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at: TAEurope@chrobinson.com.