Senior Sales Executive
What’s the opportunity?
C.H. Robinson’s Senior Sales Executives are responsible for generating new customers, building customer relationships and driving new business by leveraging all of C.H. Robinson's logistics services from transactional to strategic. This position will be responsible for promoting and selling C.H. Robinson's products and services in accordance with organizational sales policies and processes, and in pursuit of established objectives.
As a Senior Sales Executive you will inform and educate potential customers on all of the innovative ways that C.H. Robinson delivers supply chain and logistics solutions. You’ll be selling for the industry leader and be backed by people, process and technology that are second-to-none. Better yet, you’ll be provided with the training, tools and resources needed to consistently win new business.
What will you be doing?
- Prospect with a "hunter" mentality, combining knowledge of prospective customers with best practices to gain access to key stakeholders.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities through analysis and discovery, understanding key decision makers and determining the appropriate approach for each potential customer
- Independently qualify potential sales opportunities including the full scope of customer potential
- Lead and participate in face-to-face meetings and proposals with customers at all levels (C, V, D and M)
- Develop tailored solutions to customers focused on delivering value & supporting the customer’s business.
- Partner with internal team to create a solution based on customer needs, including appropriate pricing strategy, solution implementation and future customer growth potential
- Participate in face-to-face meetings to present proposals, offer solutions, and close business
- Collaborate with internal account management team through customer implementation
- Engage internal resources on pricing strategy and account implementation plans
- Review sales activities and prospective customers with management
- Design and pursue a personal development plan in collaboration with management
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in transportation or logistics
- Fluent German and English speaker is a must (additional European languages are an asset)
- Enthusiastic, competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to sell both Inside (phone and email solicitation) & Outside (face-to-face meetings, proposals, closings)
- Strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills, and business acumen
- Strong communicate skills across all levels of a customer’s organization including C-Level.
- Ability to collaborate internally with all levels of sales resources and other team resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel as needed
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.