Food Safety Specialist (Bilingual) Flexible LocationApply Now
As a Food Safety Specialist, you will ensure that all Robinson Fresh Food Safety protocols are administered and properly documented throughout the Robinson Fresh grower network, facilities and suppliers. You will leverage your knowledge of Food Safety regulations to assess Food Safety programs through offsite and onsite supplier evaluations. This is an exciting opportunity where your passion for Food Safety compliance and responsible sourcing will positively impact our global network of growers and suppliers.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Participate in risk assessment of new ranches, growers, commodities or regions, as required.
- Assess each existing grower’s current food safety program, including sanitation, facility, and cultural practices
- Review audits and other technical documentation (lab analyses, HACCP, etc.)
- Monitor corrective action and compliance status at each operation
- Serve as a food safety resource for grower network
- Support, as required, related programs including traceability, recall, and crisis management
- On-site supplier evaluations
- Maintain compliance via appropriate documentation in Robinson’s food safety database
- FSVP administration
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of Food Safety experience preferred
- Produce experience a plus
- Must have working knowledge of food safety regulations and best practices (i.e. GAP, GMP, HACCP, GFSI and FSMA)
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams and emphasize urgency in resolving issues or concerns
- Demonstrate strong and sound decision making capabilities
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- High school diploma or equivalent required
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran