Accounting RepresentativeApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
As an Accounting Representative, you will have the opportunity to support our Iowa City team with daily AR/AP related tasks. You will use your critical thinking skills to identify roadblocks with customer payments and your attention to detail for auditing invoices for accuracy. It is an exciting opportunity to work with our internal teams and build relationships with our customers and carriers. Self- starters who enjoy digging into problems and finding solutions in a fast paced environment should apply today!
What will you be doing?
- Monitor customer account details for payment issues and utilize problem solving and critical thinking skills to determine root cause of aging invoices
- Follow up on outstanding collections, flagging delinquent accounts and escalating unresolved issues to appropriate individual(s)
- Audit invoices for carrier rate accuracy, connecting with carriers to resolve discrepancies
- Develop professional relationships with customers and carriers, maintain open lines of communication and build rapport by providing timely and professional service
What are we looking for?
- Associates degree in Accounting or 1-3 years of accounting experience; High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Fast Learner and self-starter with a problem solving mentality and ability to figure out new challenges
- Ability to work independently and use own judgment
- Ability to work under pressure in a time sensitive environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
Proficient in Microsoft Excel including v-lookups
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran