2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee distribution and warehouse operations including safety, quality, cleanliness, 5S, continuous improvement, and inventory control
- Provide leadership, direction, and overall guidance for assigned functions.
- Responsible to execute daily operational goals and plans.
- Track metrics and implement programs for improvement.
- Produce performance reports and customer reports.
- Ensure all customer service metrics are consistently met or exceeded.
- Able to operate in an efficient/cost conscious manner so that all budgeted objectives are achieved.
- Identify areas for improvement and make recommendations.
- Develop and retain a well-trained staff that could be promoted through cross training and mentoring.
- Provide feedback and coaching to assigned team and document activities related to attendance, performance reviews and disciplinary action.
- Ensure integrity and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Teach and train assigned team in competencies and technical/functional skills.
- Root cause problem solving to drive process improvement.
- Manage receiving, picking, inventory, special projects and/or shipping operations to ensure efficient flow and storage of materials.
- Effectively communicate with management and across departments.
- Site Specific: Uphold all CAA procedures and regulations at all times, maintaining building perimeter security and challenging anything or anyone untoward
- Site Specific: Handling of bonded import freight into the ERTS facility in accordance with HMRC regulations
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Minimum 5 years of distribution/warehouse/logistics experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Site Specific: Minimum 2 years of experience in making materials flow
- Site Specific: MUST be able to work 2nd shift, Monday – Friday from 2:00pm – 10:30 pm
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.