Senior Human Resources Generalist
Are you passionate about Human Resources? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Then you may be a good fit for a Senior Human Resources Generalist based in our Dallas warehouse. In this role you will manage and execute daily Human Resources activities for one or more warehouse locations in an onsite capacity. This includes: hiring staff, educating and troubleshooting on pay, benefits, and leave of absence related matters and issues, as well as ensuring company policies and practices are followed.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified and diverse job applicants for open Warehouse positions and assists with other positions as assigned; collaborates with hiring managers to understand skills and competencies required for job openings
- Conducts new hire and benefits orientations and manages employee recognition programs
- Performs duties required to manage and execute human resource core processes and programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave of absences, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, employee engagement, occupational health and safety, and training and development
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings and terminations, led by management
- Conducts investigations related to employee complaints, collaborating with HR Manager and/or Employee Relations on complex and/or serious allegations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to ensure compliance
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory training. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, equipment operator exams and certifications
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Associate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum 4 years of human resource generalist, human resource specialist, HR business partner, or related HR experience
- Ability to work adjusted/flexible schedule to support Operations on 1st and 2nd shifts
- Bi-lingual – Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems (Workday)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities
- Regularly be exposed to a non-climate-controlled environment which will be cold and/or hot based on location and seasonality
- Prolonged periods of walking or standing to meet with employees and/or management personnel in various locations within the warehouse
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.