General Manager Global Forwarding
The Global Forwarding General Manager (GM) of EMA office will have oversite of growing team of 18 employees including GF account management, operations, plus our warehouse team. You will be overseeing a diverse mix of business inclusive of air, ocean, import, export and customs brokerage services, in addition to our warehouse services (storage, pick and pack, etc.) The office manages a variety of small medium and large global customers across multiple verticals. The GM will organize, plan, coordinate and control all branch operations. You will lead strategic goal planning and manage execution to meet goals. You will be responsible for the sales and financial performance of the team and for all personnel, financial, and reporting requirements necessary to ensure that ongoing operations are performed in a cost-effective manner. This position includes travel to execute business.
- Sets and submits financial performance goals, including a revenue and expense budget, for the branch
- Monitors branch performance against financial goals, review progress regularly with regional leadership, and communicates progress regularly with branch
- Architects and owns the branch business plan, ensures alignment with enterprise strategies
- Measures, monitors, and communicates updates regarding performance against branch business plan and updates plan as necessary on a regular basis
- Effectively manage relationships with current customers ranging from small companies to large multi-national organizations
- Understands, implements, and ensures adoption of technology within the branch
- Assesses and understands market opportunities and trends, and how market conditions impact business performance and financials
- Understands and forecasts branch hiring needs
- Ensures employees have quality PDPs, communicates about development opportunities, and acts as an advocate for employee development
- Monitors branch performance against goals and communicates with the branch about progress
- Measures employee performance against KPIs
- Provides input and guidance with regard to disciplinary action related to employee performance, acts as a branch escalation point.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in global freight forwarding
- Minimum 5 years of experience people management & development
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing a warehouse operation.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Acute sense of business acumen
- Successful and proven sales and sales management track record
- New account sales success, and large account management skills
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.