Air Export Gateway Supervisor
- Job ID
- 333 Howard Ave, Des Plaines, Illinois, United States, 60018-1907
Are you passionate in leading a team? Do you enjoy problem-solving complex shipment issues? Then the Air Export Gateway Supervisor might be a great fit! You will ensure operational excellence by organizing, planning, coordinating and controlling team operations. The main focus of the position is to develop people, monitor performance, and support the day-to-day needs of our customers through superior operations.
- Training and developing employees
- Establishing goals (short-term (6 month), mid-term (1 year), long-term (career goal))
- Providing input on and/or conduct mid and year end reviews
- Providing input on compensation decisions
- Providing input and recommendation on staffing forecasting & decisions
- Communicating and educating employees on corporate compliance policies
- Organize, plan, coordinate and control specific phases of team operations
- Prioritize and delegate work. Monitor for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency
- Develop and document operational process within team and process for interaction with other branch teams
- Document work flow and job description of individual team members
- Actively work with management to identify, develop, and monitor metrics to measure performance of team and members
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of freight forwarding supervisory experience
- At least 1 year of Air Import experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and influence others, set a positive example, and create a productive, positive environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.