The Forklift Operator is responsible for ensuring that freight is loaded/unloaded from trailers or ocean containers and moved within the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner where proper inventory is maintained. The job will require an individual who is detail oriented and safety minded who can function in a fast paced environment.
- Operation of stand-up, sit-down forklifts and hand jacks
- Palletization of loose and floor loaded cargo, stretch wrap and/or band
- Unloading and loading of trailers or ocean containers in a professional and damage free manner
- Accurately signing off Bills Of Lading verifying correct pieces counts and/or damages
- Comprehension and utilization of Warehouse Management System (WMS) to ensure proper warehouse organization
- Staging cargo within the warehouse in an safe and orderly manner
- Execute on all expectations surrounding quality per SOP or other customer requirements including reworking or recouping of freight
- Perform assignments as delegated by the warehouse leads or supervisors
- Responsible for general housekeeping to ensure warehouse standards of cleanliness and organization are maintained. This may include sweeping, consolidation of product, maintaining inventories and other tasks as needed.
Work Experience and Background Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to speak Spanish helpful.
- Ability to lift up to at least 70 pounds
- Familiarity with Bills of Lading, Shipping Manifests, Delivery Orders, etc.
- Previous warehouse / freight forwarder experience a plus
- Submit to and pass a background check, obtaining clearance as required by the TSA for acquisition of an STA#
Education and Training Requirements (Certifications, Licenses, etc.)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to pass forklift operators exam and show proficiency in operating forklifts in a warehouse environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.