Ocean Import Gateway AgentApply Now
The Ocean Import Gateway Agent (located in Des Plaines) will be responsible for managing and operating the shipment lifecycle for their assigned Import consolidations. You will be a key contact for your assigned consolidations and will be an expert in ensuring that all requests and requirements are met and answered accurately and timely. You will be accountable for executing and overseeing tasks for each shipment in addition to daily communication, reporting, and email management. As an Ocean Import Gateway Agent you will assume ownership of your accounts’ success.
Upon starting with C.H. Robinson, you will be enrolled in training to jumpstart your knowledge of our company and our industry, help you excel in our culture, and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, including instructor led classes, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. We want you to be more than a crucial element to our customers and carriers- we want you to be a high-performing member of our team.
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of booking through the delivery of the cargo
- Apply critical-thinking to adapt processes/create solutions in response to challenges both internally and externally
- Execute/Coordinate tasks on the shipments to meet all SOP requirements: processing pre-alerts, delivery of freight, governmental filings, etc.
- Ensure a high-level of data integrity within the shipments: acknowledgement of shipment details, routing, dates, documents, etc.
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with CHR offices, Agents, and Outside Vendors
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Act as a resource and expert to the department and network on shipment requirements & process initiatives
- Participate, as needed, in new lane implementations
- Monitor shipment trends and its impact to our processes and operations
- Perform other duties and projects not reflected on this list, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent customer service skills to be utilized with internal customers and external vendors
- Strong communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and internal customer needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline- driven office environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- High level of attention to detail
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran