Account Manager - Freight ForwardingApply Now
What’s the opportunity?
It’s an exciting time to join C.H. Robinson’s Global Forwarding office in Eden Prairie. We’re looking for a driven, forward-thinking individual to support our strong growth trajectory as an account manager. You’ll manage a select group of small to medium sized accounts, build strong relationships with account leadership and establishing your credibility as a trusted advisor. You will be empowered to manage and grow existing accounts by bringing forth new services or modes and/or expanding on existing services offered, with a focus on increasing efficiency, adding value and maximizing profitability through the account’s supply chain.
What will you be doing?
- Develop account relationships with contacts at multiple levels within the organization
- Identify opportunities to further penetrate accounts by selling CHR’s diverse services
- Provide solution design through face-to-face interaction with accounts
- Bring pricing options & recommendations to account leadership
- Identify issues, seeking input from others to determine best course of action & implement solutions
- Manage customer expectations through the creation and utilization of SOPs, KPIs and other account specific metrics.
- Contribute to the development and management of the annual account plan and budget. Provide updates to internal team in addition to reviewing on a quarterly basis & making adjustments as necessary
- Collaborate on creating business reviews and contribute to or lead customer meetings
- Design and pursue a personal development plan in collaboration with management
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 2 years’ of international freight forwarding operations experience required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Excellent systems knowledge: Microsoft Office Suite programs and internet
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran