Application ArchitectApply Now
We’re the original 3PL. We believe in accelerating global trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With more than a century of industry experience, we know what it takes to manage rapid growth, embrace change, and to stay competitive in the marketplace. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest third party logistic providers—delivering innovative supply chain solutions to more than 113,000 customers across the world. Whether you need truckload services, ocean or air shipping, supply chain consulting, or more—we use the strengths of our knowledgeable people, proven processes, and global technology to provide unmatched connectivity, capabilities, and experience.
CH Robinson is looking for an Application Architect to help lead the transformation of our Shipment Execution platform. The Application Architect will collaborate with key stakeholders in order to design solutions that leverage a blend of developed solutions and SaaS offerings. This position will be responsible for translating business requirements into solution and data architectures to deliver business value.
An effective Application Architect will have a broad range of technical knowledge. They will also provide technical leadership across the organization to drive shared execution capabilities. This position will work closely with others to learn and share knowledge.
- Help lead the technical direction of the CH Robinson Shipment Execution platform.
- Work collaboratively with business and technology stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team engineers as a subject matter expert in PaaS/Cloud integration solutions.
- Create and maintain architectural vision, diagrams, and technical documentation.
- Provide strategies to scale application’s current and future demands for large transaction volume.
- Encourage an environment of innovation and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Promote user centered design principles to ensure that users have access to systems anywhere at any time.
- Coordinate and lead technical discussions and decision making.
- Create and maintain positive, productive working partnerships and relationships with engineering teams.
- Research and adopt new engineering tools, technologies, and processes.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture to advance the technical direction C.H. Robinson’s engineering direction.
- Quickly review, analyze, and understand complex software spanning multiple products
- Partner with operations teams to ensure system available, security and scalability can be accurately monitored and maintained.
- Passionate about product development, software engineering and leading teams.
- 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise applications and leading engineering teams.
- Experienced building highly scalable, performant software and service platforms.
- Working knowledge of Kafka, RabbitMQ, ELK stack and MongoDB.
- Experience working with React/Redux or similar front end technology
- Proven experience designing, building, and maintaining REST APIs written in C#, Java, Node.js, or comparable software stack.
- Proficient in SQL and one or more relational database system – Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or MySQL.
- Positive, collaborative attitude focused on team and product success.
- Experience building and using automation tools, CI/CD, unit testing, and promoting a culture of quality software development.
- A mindset of continual learning, growth, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- 4-year computer science degree or equivalent work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experienced with SaaS integration.
- Extensive understanding of Cloud and data security.
- Working knowledge of Azure cloud native technologies
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran