Associate Data Scientist (January HatCHRy)
You’re eager to learn. As someone excited to develop your promising data-driven skillset, you’ll experience immediate professional growth as an entry-level Data Scientist. We know this can be a big step, so don’t worry – we’re here to support you! You might be strong in excel and R, but what about all the new techniques that you need to learn for your specific role? Maybe you learned Java in college, but now you’re asked to write Python APIs or React UIs. The strong mathematical or engineering fundamentals you already have will enable you to solve complex problems with seasoned data scientists providing hands-on guidance every step of the way.
When you achieve, we succeed. Our commitment to equipping you for success begins on day one with our dynamic and comprehensive data science onboarding program, The HatCHRy. Soon you’ll be an expert in React, Python, and SQL, and more, emerging from the three-month training program motivated to continue growing your best self as a confident, valuable member of our team. Start here, and start directly impacting global supply chains, thriving in a diverse environment, and reaching your professional goals, with us.
- Design and implement algorithms to solve business problems using statistical and machine learning methods
- Validate and implement modelling improvements to increase accuracy of data science algorithms
- Summarize and present findings to members of the business
- Embrace an R&D mindset through rapid prototyping & iterative experimentation
- Work closely with technology delivery teams to productionize successful models in an on-demand environment
- Experience with Statistical Algorithms, especially Boosting, Classification, and Regression
- Experience in programming: R and Python
- Familiarity with data fundamentals including SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with Spark/Hive Ecosystems and other noSQL data environments
- Experience with creating interactive dashboards (R shiny)
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems & Containerization
- Experience with deep learning including Tensorflow & PyTorch
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize work effectively to maximize output and productivity
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.