Corporate Capacity ManagerApply Now
The Corporate Capacity Manager (CCM) is responsible for the growth and retention of our carrier partners, leveraging our scale and data advantage to drive mutual value creation, maximize yield optimization and profitability. The CCM is a key member of the team and provides overall leadership in the areas of procurement, carrier and customer relations and product expertise to the network. The CCM will lead pricing negotiations, service delivery and overall strategic relationship management for their specified carrier base.
Growth & Strategic Carrier Relationship Management
- Drives growth, retention and accountability with our carrier partners by leveraging data analytics to create value add solutions for both CHR and our carrier partners.
- Strategically owns the relationship including onboarding, performance, negotiation and financial reconciliation of a select group of 5-10 carriers; Develops solid working relationships at a senior level with our strategic carrier base in support of our on-going business requirements
- Understands technical capabilities of carriers and seeks opportunity to drive internal operational efficiencies via automation
- Understands and advocates for the full capabilities of assigned carrier partners and actively works to leverage these services to the mutual benefit of the carrier, our customers and CH Robinson
- Leads monthly carrier pricing negotiations; facilitates customer pricing as needed to satisfy our customer needs
- Conducts quarterly business reviews that includes carrier and CHR senior leadership, leveraging internal and external data to gain customer insights, to uncover new opportunities for growth and yield optimization
- Identifies ways to differentiate from competitors by leveraging where the company is going both short and long term to drive innovation in partnership with the carrier
Corporate Business Resource
- Acts as a subject matter expert and transfer knowledge within the network and our external customers
- Provide a macro view of the industry and educates network commercial leadership on current market trends/pressures
- Partners with senior leadership to update network on regular basis (monthly or as needed) regarding impactful changes to carrier rates or service level modifications.
Reporting & Service Delivery
- Partners with the analytics team to create consist tools and reports that drives transparency that can track, measure and analyze carrier performance trends by carrier and customer
- Partners with Business Development Managers and operations leadership to drive consistent operating protocol around carrier engagement to ensure strategic conversations with the carrier
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 5 years of transportation experience
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain and logistics market experience
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Ability to build strategic, collaborative relationships Demonstrated strategic orientation, negotiation skills and business expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Comfortable engaging with all levels including senior leadership, carriers and customers
- Self-motivated and able to proactively and regularly collaborate with a large and geographically dispersed team of all levels
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize work accordingly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran