Customer Account Specialist - Brokerage Sales
Are you a “people person”? Do you enjoy helping customers? Your next opportunity as a Customer Account Specialist checks all the right boxes. Create your career by building trusted and strategic relationships with our global customers and collaborating with your internal teams to creatively solve challenges our customers may encounter. You’ll lean into our proven processes and innovative technology platform to manage shipments while growing your expertise in account management, sales and operations.
What makes a successful Customer Account Specialist? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
There are many journeys you can choose to take with us - this is just one example! We also offer opportunities for advancement and leadership based on your desired path and life goals.
Customer Account Specialist
Key Account Manager
Strategic Account Manager
It’s great seeing how much variability there is between different Customer Account Specialist roles and what they do day-to-day. Often, I’ll ask a fellow CAS who works in another branch and they will have a completely different set of duties to fulfill. It’s fun to see how uniquely we can serve particular accounts in order to do the most good!Mike,
Customer Account Specialist, Milwaukee, WI
I’m providing a great service to my customer by ensuring their product is delivered on time. Coming out of the pandemic, my ultimate impact is knowing that shelves are stocked at the stores for the consumers. It’s nice to be able to educate people outside of the supply chain community on what’s happening and give them a broader understanding of why things are the way they are now that supply chain is in the forefront.Spring,
Customer Account Specialist, Phoenix, AZ
I spend my day collaborating internally with peers on current market conditions, managing the transport of goods from point A to point B, and monitoring my account performance utilizing various C.H. Robinson tools for success. My favorite part of my day is when a customer expresses their gratitude for the hard work I put into their business each and every day.Adriana,
Customer Account Specialist, Phoenix, AZ
Do your friends describe you as a “people person?” Do you have customer relations experience? Are you looking for a role that will give you an opportunity to learn account management, sales, and operations, and jump start your career with an eye to the next opportunity? Then you are ready to grow your best self here as a Customer Account Specialist -Brokerage Sales.
"Minneapolis" is the downtown Minneapolis location in the North Loop neighborhood.
Here’s what your day-to-day will look like. You’ll build relationships with customers and collaborate with internal teams to solve challenging customer problems. You’ll lean into our proven processes and innovative technology platform to manage shipments while growing your skills in operations, sales, and account management. As for the future, this role has multiple career paths, and we love to promote from within.
So what can we do for you?
Our commitment to you begins on day one with our dynamic and comprehensive onboarding program. This interactive training jumpstarts your knowledge of our company and industry, helps you excel here and ensures your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training is a mix of activities, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring. You will come out of this experience ready to be a part of our success and a high performing member of the team.
Here, you have the flexibility to create a career that works with your life. Not to mention a collaborative, welcoming culture, inclusive employee resource groups, virtual happy hours, networking events... We could go on and on!
Can you go with the flow?
The ever-changing nature of this global pandemic means our work model is constantly evolving. No surprise, right? The one certainty here at C.H. Robinson is that your health and safety are our top priority. With offices around the globe, we continuously monitor guidelines and protocols to protect your wellbeing, and the wellbeing of your family and community.
Long-term, this position offers you the flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days per week, and your recruiting team will fill you in on details for your exact position and location in the meantime, depending on the current situation.
We recognize life’s not all about work. That’s why our hybrid work model gives you the flexibility to create a career that works with your personal and professional goals.
On your next adventure, you’ll:
- Build and develop relationships with customers to ensure continued partnership
- Communicate shipment updates proactively and accurately ensuring a customer centric approach Analyze customer inquiries and provide quality and timely insights and updates to your customers
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Respond to customers with a sense of urgency to provide an excellent customer experience
- Recognize opportunities and leverage automation to take action and promote value
- Call on dormant customers to reestablish contact and generate demand
- Leverage C.H. Robinson’s global technology platform, Navisphere, to generate reports, analyze load data and exceed customer expectations
- Network internally with Account Management, Operations, and Capacity teams
You’re a great fit if you have:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous Customer Engagement Experience
- Ability to travel up to 5% (domestically)
Even better if you:
- Value a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Have basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
- Display attention to detail, accuracy, and problem solving
- Exhibit demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
We value an environment where you can grow by challenging yourself, and are supported with the potential for internal promotion – within Sales, Global Forwarding, Operations, Account Management or other areas – so you can discover new interests, develop your strengths, and reach your life goals. So what are you waiting for? Click that apply button.
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Portfolio Executive Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 04/24/2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.