Data Engineer (Data Science)Apply Now
We are looking for a Data Engineer (Data Science) to work on upstream R&D projects closely with a data science team, performing functional prototyping and facilitating the transfer of successful prototypes to production. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company. You will be joining a growing data science team and will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements and develop associated data layer that can easily be consumed by data science applications.
- Partner with the data science team to prepare structured and unstructured data that they can use for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Work with data warehouse architecture team to integrate our warehouse (SQL Server) with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop)
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure in collaboration with stakeholders
- Innovative thinker able to provide an idea and execute it from inception to launch
- Maintain knowledge of emerging data science technologies
- Work in a rapid prototyping area where the ability to pivot is a must
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with big data platforms – HDFS, Hive, LLAP/Impala, and NoSQL technologies (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, HBase, Redis, Etc.)
- Familiarity building stream-processing systems, using technologies such as Kafka, Storm and Spark-Streaming
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with analytic programming languages – Python, R, Java
- Proficiency with relational databases (T-SQL a plus)
- Proficiency with Linux BASH scripting
- Familiarity with API creation and RESTful services
- Proficient with GitHub/Git, or comparable distributed version control system
- Docker or container orchestration experience (Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Experience working with statistics and/or modeling libraries such as Numpy or Pandas
- Interest in learning new technologies and languages
- Ability to be resourceful and creative in a fast-paced daily release environment
Undergraduate degree in computer science/software engineering, or equivalent work experience.
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran