Data Engineer IApply Now
C.H. Robinson helps drive corporate strategy and provides business value using advanced Business Intelligence (BI). We are looking for team members who expand our technical expertise, drives passion for data analytics and enhance our business and analytical skills. The Enterprise Data Warehouse team provides analytical experiences through secure, consistent and trusted data that empowers our users to make impactful decisions. That information is consumed by teams at all levels of the organization and also by CHR customers. The work is considered critical and vital to C.H. Robinson’s worldwide logistics operations and its continued growth and success.
This position will mainly engage in designing and implementing Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions using Microsoft SSIS, SQL Server, and Analysis Services. Prepared data will consumed by our business users and IT teams to answer critical strategic questions and continuously enhance our reporting platforms.
- Designs technology solutions for complex scenarios that may influence architectural implementations of technology and business process, taking in to account performance and availability
- Creates, designs and maintains datasets for analysis and consumption by applications
- Translates/Converts the business high-level requirements into detailed designs, partnering with
- Business Analysts, business stakeholders, and Architects
- Participates in the development of enterprise tools to be used by multiple teams/applications
- Participates in code development that defines the business logic for large scale solutions
- Utilizes advanced source control features and provides input on strategy for the team
- Tunes performance and resolves availability issues of application and its dependencies
- Minimum 1 year experience leveraging ETL tools to load data warehouse or create data store
- Experience with Microsoft SSIS, SQL Server, and Analysis Services
- Skilled with Git and GitHub or comparable distributed version control system
- Experience in Dimensional, Entity-Relationship, OLAP data modeling
- Practical Experience with test driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Proven track record in delivering in an agile environment
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Some core characteristics include being adaptable, innovative, empathetic, goal setting, and business oriented
- Ability to provide honest feedback to business stakeholders, peers, and management
- Passion for using technology and data to solve business problems
- Experience with object oriented design
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Coding “Bootcamp” graduates also considered with equivalent experience
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran