Data Engineer II
As a Data Engineer II on our Contractual team at CH Robinson, you will collaborate with our data science teams in upstream R&D projects, perform functional prototyping and facilitate the transfer of successful prototypes to production. You will apply principles and techniques of computer science and data engineering to build data management frameworks following designated standards and procedures. You will be joining a growing data science team and will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Collaborate with other data engineers to design data solutions that support business processes
- Collaborate with engineering product manager(s) and peers to satisfy requirements that focus on accurate, available, and accessible data for consumption
- Enhance existing data pipelines and frameworks that will ingest, transform, and distribute numerous data streams and/or batches
- Design and execute effective tests to validate unit and functional components
- Collaborate with software engineers and teams on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Write code using secure programming patterns and by finding, fixing, and enhancing security in existing applications
- Learn and adopt coding standards and generally accepted best practices
- Proactively seek mentorship from other engineers and provide feedback and ideas for improving team- oriented behaviors
- Follow and provide feedback on the engineering lifecycle while abiding by established best practices and collaborating on new topics
- 2+years of experience collaborating in a team environment shipping software development
- Experience writing SQL
- Experience developing containerized data applications
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. Postgresql, MySql)
- Experience using languages such as pSQL, Python, Scala, Java
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Proficient at designing complex relational database schemas
- Understanding of basic source control systems (ex. GitHub)
- Experience working with workflow orchestration or DAG tools such as Airflow
- Experience developing and deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.