Data Engineer II
As a Data Engineer for our Robinson Fresh Analytics team at CH Robinson, you will use your passion for analytics and experience in software development to design and develop datasets, databases, and services that will standardize data for several areas of our business. You will have the opportunity to work with stakeholders to define requirements, design solutions with architecture, work through proof of concepts, and implement solutions.
The newly formed Robinson Fresh Analytics team is charged with using data to build accessible and scalable domains of subject matter expertise. C.H. Robinson has 100s of terabytes of data and years of building analytical insights. The team mandate is twofold: integrate existing analytics solutions into a new cloud environment and to make data broadly available through a service-oriented architecture.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Design and develop high performance data pipelines to support software engineers
- Collaborate with Architecture to design technology solutions for complex scenarios that may influence architectural implementations of technology and business process, taking into account performance and availability
- Create, design, and maintain datasets, as well as, exposes them for analysis and consumption by analysts, services and applications
- Participate in the development of enterprise services to be used by multiple teams/applications
- 2+ years of experience leveraging ETL tools to load a data warehouse or create a data store
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- 1+ years of experience with nosql technologies
- 1+ years of experience with service-oriented architecture
- Practical Experience with test driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or MIS; or, 4 years of equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience with data catalogs
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services
- Experience with enterprise scheduling, directed acyclic graph (DAG) based, tools
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Strong collaboration and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate business requirements in data pipeline designs
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Some core characteristics include being adaptable, innovative, empathetic, goal setting, and business oriented
- Ability to provide honest feedback to business stakeholders, peers, and management
- Experience with tools like DBT, Snowflake and Data Bricks are a plus
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.