Data Engineer III - Data Science - Remote
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- Las Vegas, Nevada; Kansas City, Missouri; Grapevine, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; Austin, Texas
C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. With $28 billion in freight under management and 2.5X larger than the next largest North American freight broker, we are one of the world’s largest logistics platforms with our 100,00 customers and 85,000 contract carriers. Our global suite of services accelerates trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. Our technology is built by and for supply chain experts to bring faster, more meaningful improvements to our customers’ businesses.
The Data Engineer III position is an experienced role on a software development team. In this role, they will work closely with engineering product managers and business stakeholders to define, estimate, design, and develop for complex data solutions that delight our customers. In addition, they are responsible for guiding the team’s engineering process, setting data standards, mentoring other data engineers and driving innovation.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Analyze and translate high-level customer requirements into detailed designs to solve complex business problems
- Partner with various engineering teams to create and manage a long-term data and information architecture and execution roadmap for a product or service
- Lead the development of scalable data pipelines, establish data management frameworks, and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Increase code quality through code reviews and writing unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Collaborate with team to define testing strategy and drive quality throughout the engineering lifecycle through unit and integration tests
- Proactively identify performance and availability issues, troubleshoot, provide effective options, and resolve issues in production that could span multiple product areas
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation for the product or service
- Write code using secure programming patterns and by finding, fixing, and enhancing security in existing applications
- Estimate for software projects including dependencies, work, time, resources and skill needs
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Mentor and coach other engineers by participating in design and code reviews and share best practices; proactively seek mentorship from others
- Adopt established best practices while contributing to the definition of the engineering lifecycle as well as the definition of best practices
- Collaborate with leadership to unblock and direct members on the team to successfully deliver high quality software
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other technology degree or minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and implementing commercial software
- Experience working on large-scale data sets in a commercial environment
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) including schema design, stored procedure development and performance and optimization techniques
- Experience with non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB)
- Experience implementing and designing data acquisition, data curation, and data analysis
- Experience with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Experience with version control systems (ex. GIT, GitHub, TFS, etc.)
- Experience with HTTP and REST architecture
- Experience with CI/CD continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Experience with data streaming architecture and frameworks (Kafka, ESB)
- Experience in system integration projects or global projects
- Experience with transportation, logistics, or business systems
- Experience with machine learning models and data science solutions
- Possess solid communication skills and strong customer focus
- Ability to communicate technical and business concepts across teams
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Experience orchestrating data transformation through cloud native platforms (ex. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.