Data Engineer III - REMOTE
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- Grapevine, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; Austin, Texas; Nashville, Tennessee; Kansas City, Missouri
C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. With $28 billion in freight under management and 2.5X larger than the next largest North American freight broker, we are one of the world’s largest logistics platforms with our 100,00 customers and 85,000 contract carriers. Our global suite of services accelerates trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. Our technology is built by and for supply chain experts to bring faster, more meaningful improvements to our customers’ businesses.
As a Data Engineer II on our Transactional team at CH Robinson, you will collaborate with our data science teams in upstream R&D projects, perform functional prototyping, and facilitate the transfer of successful prototypes to production. You will apply principles and techniques of computer science and data engineering to build data management frameworks following designated standards and procedures. You will be joining a growing data science team and will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Collaborate with other data engineers to design data solutions of limited complexity that support business processes requiring little or no architectural changes to technology
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable data pipelines and datasets for analysis and consumption by analysts, services, and applications
- Collaborate with Architecture to design technology solutions for complex scenarios that may influence architectural implementations of technology and business processes, while considering performance and availability
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines to manage and deploy data pipelines
- Participate in the development of enterprise services to be used by multiple teams/applications
- 2+ years of experience collaborating in a team environment shipping software development and high school diploma/GED
- Experience creating applications and features in an object-oriented environment (Python preferred)
- Experience developing containerized data applications
- Experience working with a team, successfully delivering on a project
- Experience working with relational databases and warehouses (ex. PostgreSQL, Snowflake)
- Experience working with non-relational databases (Mongo preferred)
- Experience working with workflow orchestration or DAG tools such as Airflow
- Understand the basics of git for source control
- Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other technology degree
- Experience with streaming data platforms (Kafka preferred)
- Proficient at designing complex relational database schemas
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure preferred)
- A learning and growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Data Engineer II (REMOTE) Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Orlando, Florida, Grapevine, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Austin, Texas, Nashville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Missouri 11/22/2022
- Software Engineer Internship - Summer 2023 (REMOTE) Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Grapevine, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Lisle, Illinois, Nashville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Missouri 09/07/2022
- Lead Software Engineer - REMOTE Kansas City, Missouri, Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Orlando, Florida, Chicago, Illinois, Phoenix, Arizona, Voorhees Corner, New Jersey 11/22/2022
- Senior Messaging Engineer - REMOTE Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Charlotte, North Carolina, Grapevine, Texas, Lisle, Illinois, Kansas City, Missouri, Des Moines, Iowa, Vancouver, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Austin, Texas, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 11/04/2022
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.