Data Platforms Administrator
As a Platform Administrator on the Distributed Data Services team at CH Robinson, you will leverage your experience and passion for technology to oversee the daily execution of processes, operations, and support activities within the wide realm of distributed data services, NOSQL technologies, data science tooling, and data streaming platforms. This team is responsible for deploying and managing platforms and tools to support our distributed data, data science, and data streaming strategies. They’re currently with platforms including: Kafka, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, InfluxDB, Hadoop/Spark, JupyterHub, HBase, and Hive. The team takes an infrastructure-as-code approach to these technologies, and strives to automate wherever, and whenever possible. We aim to take these technologies to a “Platform as a Service” level wherever possible.
The Distributed Data Services practice is transforming the way that data is delivered and stored within C.H. Robinson. We are looking for a creative individual that is passionate about automation, data, and Infrastructure (and capable on all three fronts). As a team, we strive to automate, to innovate, to optimize, and to deliver a great platform experience on every front.
- Facilitate the continuous re-engineering of fluid data platforms and pipelines
- Support End-to-End Data Science Lifecycle ecosystem (Tools, Applications, Deployments)
- Ensure 24x7 availability of distributed data platforms
- Custom development and automation around the provisioning and operations of platforms
- Promote proper and efficient use of platforms
- Partner with AppDev, Data Science, and Infrastructure teams on evaluation and feasibility assessment of new platforms and technologies
- Oversee and ensure production readiness of new technologies/platforms
- Maintain documentation on processes and procedures
- On-Call duty as required
- 2+ years of Enterprise experience building and maintaining highly-available production systems
- Knowledge of at least one of the following, with the desire and aptitude to learn more: Bash, Python, Powershell, Ansible, Golang, SQL
- Knowledge and experience with at least one of the following, with a desire and aptitude to learn all: Kafka, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, InfluxDB, Hadoop/Spark, Hive, HBase
- Must be proficient with Linux
- Must be familiar with containerization
- Familiarity with microservice architecture and Restful API’s
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of the principles of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience/familiarity with container orchestration platforms a plus (i.e. Mesosphere, Kubernetes, Swarn)
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Proactive, accountable, autonomous, and solutions oriented
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.