Data Scientist InternApply Now
Do you want to stretch your boundaries and accelerate your career? C.H. Robinson – one of the world’s largest third party logistics providers - is looking for motivated people who are excited to dig in, be challenged and have a direct impact on our global technology! We are hiring a Data Scientist intern.
From day one of your internship you will have hands on, meaningful responsibilities that will challenge and reward you. You will work on innovative projects to transform data into actionable insights that drive toward our vision of a single global technology platform that supports efficient and effective delivery of high value features our business users need. C.H. Robinson is an industry leader in logistics technology and you can be a part of our cutting-edge solutions.
- Collaborate on required analytic projects
- In conjunction with data owners and subject matter experts, develop new ways of getting insights out of data that allow us to improve supply chain logistics
- Understanding root causes of changes in metric
- Develop algorithms that can go from prototype to production quickly
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain predictive model
- Working in python or R primarily, with a variety of technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, MySQL, Docker) to access data and deploy models.
- Passionate about empirical research, asking and answering questions in large datasets, finding patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment
- Quick learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done
- Combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Understanding of statistical, predictive and descriptive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Familiar with data visualization using tools like Python and R. Experience with a web-based visualization tool such as (Shiny, D3 or Plotly)
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms, both using and creating
- Knowledge of geospatial
- Experience designing and evaluating the results of complex controlled experiments
- Experience computer programming using technologies and languages like C++, Java, R, Python, Scala or related
- Knowledge of relational database and multi-dimensional concepts with ability to perform complex queries in a SQL Server environment
- Experience with data sources like MongoDB, Redis, Elastic, Hadoop
Academic background in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran