Data Scientist - Pricing Analytics
- Job ID
- Primary Location
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Additional Location(s)
- San Jose, California; Chicago, Illinois; Tewksbury, Massachusetts; Austin, Texas; Seattle, Washington
Are you looking to be challenged and have a direct impact on the global supply chain? Do you want to stretch your boundaries and accelerate your career? If so, our data science team is looking for you! In this role, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with other participants and data science teams to gain knowledge of our business, technologies leveraged to build and deploy code, agile practices, and our in-house systems.
As a Data Scientist, you will leverage your passion for data and experience combining statistical modeling with machine learning and other AI to drive business impact. You will have the opportunity to design systems that monitor data streams to send signals and alerts to business users. You have worked hard to get where you are today; now it’s time to use your unique skills, talents, and personality to achieve great things at C.H. Robinson!
This role will be aligned with our Contractual Pricing Pillar to monitor and analyze strategies associated with setting prices and forecasting costs in the contractual market. You will work closely with other data scientists, engineers, business leaders, and others to build applications that support our strategic goals.
This role will combine data engineering with strong analytical skills to gather, move, transform, store, retrieve, and analyze data within complex systems. As market conditions and our internal strategic priorities shift, this role will help us understand our position within the market and provide recommendations for how to tune our systems to achieve our goals.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Design and implement monitoring and analysis to solve business problems using statistical and machine learning methods
- Validate and implement methods to increase accuracy of data science algorithms and facilitate rapid dissemination and use of feedback from existing models
- Develop deep understanding of data and workflows feeding into contractual products
- Summarize and present findings to members of the business
- Embrace an R&D mindset through rapid prototyping & iterative experimentation
- Work closely with technology delivery teams to productionize statistically-driven monitoring and alerting in an on-demand environment
- Experience with Statistical Algorithms, especially Clustering, Regression, and Time Series
- Experience in programming: R and Python
- Familiarity with data fundamentals including SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline or equivalent experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with creating interactive dashboards (R Shiny, Plotly Dash, Streamlit, etc.)
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems & Containerization
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize work effectively to maximize output and productivity
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative discipline
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
- Senior Data Analyst Eden Prairie, Minnesota, San Jose, California, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington 09/22/2022
- Senior Data Scientist, Costing Eden Prairie, Minnesota, San Jose, California, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington 09/20/2022
- Senior Data Analyst (Remote) Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Atlanta, Georgia, Grapevine, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Phoenix, Arizona, Kansas City, Missouri 09/14/2022
- Senior Data Scientist (Remote) Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Cleveland, Ohio, Chicago, Illinois, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Concord, California, Austin, Texas 09/16/2022
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.