We're on a mission to disrupt the logistics industry and take our technology to new heights with data science. Our established data science team is looking to add team members that can combine expert statistical modeling knowledge with machine learning plus other AI to drive business impact.
From designing systems that monitor data streams to send signals and alerts to business users, to adding machine learning pipelines that enhance existing algorithms embedded into our industry leading platform products, everything you work on will have an impact. In this role, you will help to improve the world's supply chains, and develop a deep expertise in cutting edge statistical and mathematical techniques, while partnering with our team of technologists to bring it to life on a cutting edge technology stack.
- Evaluate and understand current & nascent modelling methods in the Data Science space.
- Consult and implement high-impact solutions tailored to stakeholders needs using machine learning methodology
- Validate and implement modelling improvements to increase accuracy of data science algorithms
- Embrace an R&D mindset through Rapid Prototyping & Iterative Experimentation
- Work closely with IT delivery teams to optimize models in a production environment
- 4+ years of experience in advanced analytics, machine learning and/or data science.
- Experience with Statistical Algorithms, especially Boosting, Classification and Regression
- Experience building production quality modeling applications
- Experience in programming: R and Python
- Familiarity with data fundamentals including SQL
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems & Containerization
- Strong familiarity with algorithm trade-offs when solving complex issues
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with Spark/Hive/Kafka/MongoDB/Postgres data environments
- Experience working with Data Mining & Network Models
- Experience with deep learning including Tensorflow & PyTorch
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking
- Demonstrated having conducted deep research into a targeted subject area
- Strong sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize work effectively to maximize output and productivity
- Experience with econometrics including two sided matching markets
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2021. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.