Deputy General Counsel
- Job ID
- 14701 Charlson Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States, 55347-5090
The Deputy General Counsel is an in-house specialized Attorney that handles complex corporate business legal matters related to public company transactions, while ensuring the legality of legal transitions and advising our company on rights and duties. This position will be responsible for reviewing and advising on public company regulatory requirements for new and existing business initiatives, drafting and negotiating corporate agreements, advising business teams on legal and regulatory matters, providing legal review of innovative new practices and materials, and streamlining processes for supporting corporate business clients. The Deputy General Counsel is responsible for providing proactive, broad-based corporate legal and compliance support to the company and overseeing complicated and varied corporate legal, SEC, and regulatory matters. This role reports directly to the Chief Legal Officer and offices in the company’s Eden Prairie, MN headquarters location.
This is a hybrid position that will be based out of Eden Prairie, MN. This position will offer you the flexibility to work remotely 2 days per week and in office 3 days per week.
- Develop a thorough understanding of C.H. Robinson’s business operations, its staff, services, technology, markets, facilities, customers, and competitors to identify trends and formulate legal strategies accordingly
- Ensure compliance with SEC rules and regulations and Nasdaq listed company exchange requirements, including drafting and/or reviewing periodic filings such as DEF-14A, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5), and 8-Ks
- Provide legal support on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and investments for the organization and its subsidiaries (i.e., due diligence processes, negotiation of terms sheets and purchase agreements, and managing deal processes and integration efforts)
- Provide legal support related to the company and its subsidiaries entering credit facilities and other contractual borrowing initiatives. Provide legal support to the company’s Treasury and Tax groups in documenting intercompany transactions, such as intercompany loans and dividends
- Assist with the development and disclosure of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) initiatives
- Work closely with Human Resources, including Compensation and Equity Programs to support benefit and equity plan administration, equity awards, and executive compensation matters
- Keep abreast of proposed and existing legislation and regulations affecting publicly traded companies and providing timely communication to and coordinate compliance with various internal stakeholders
- Building strong business partner relationships, by providing creative solutions to meet their business needs, while mitigating risk
- Review, analyze, and advise on various business and securities agreements including joint venture agreements, services agreements, teaming agreements and underwriting or broker-dealer agreements
- Ensure all public facing terms & conditions, privacy policies, and other compliance-related disclosures are kept up to date with current company processes and applicable regulations
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 6+ years of legal experience working within a public company or equivalent law firm experience
- Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws)
- Ability to travel domestically up to 25%
- Significant experience advising issuers
- Strong and detailed understanding of the federal securities laws and Nasdaq exchange regulations, as well as key principals of publicly traded companies
- Ability to exercise business and legal judgment, assess risk and make sound decisions that will produce the most significant impact
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Strategic and conceptual thinking capabilities
- Self-directed organizational abilities and proven attention to detail
- Ability to work on complex problems with demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think beyond legal issues and to understand the business’ needs
- Self-starter who can work well independently and jointly with business constituents
- Strong skills in interpreting, drafting, and negotiating sophisticated corporate contracts
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.