DevOps Engineering ManagerApply Now
The DevSecOps initiative has been transforming the way that software is developed and delivered within C.H. Robinson. The DevSecOps Manager will be responsible for designing, implementing, and executing on strategies for the release and deployment of software to our proprietary platform. This team is comprised of talented DevSecOps Engineers who are responsible for enabling accelerated, reliable, and secure delivery of quality code through development and production environments by way of standard practices, tools, and automation. We strive to: Automate Everything, Test Everything, Deliver Value, and Collaborate by Default.
As a member of the technology leadership team, you will have the opportunity to impact our technology foundation as we continue to leverage our data advantage, achieve new levels of scalability and enable a consistent, high-performing platform. The ideal candidate will have a positive, customer focused personality, a drive to solve problems, a strong inner drive for continuous improvement, a sense of urgency, and a willingness to learn and bring new technologies to market within C.H. Robinson.
- Set and communicate execution strategies to accomplish team objectives of stability and scalability of our systems.
- Manage a team of DevSecOps engineers working on build, integration, and deployment tools and systems.
- Partner with Application Development and Infrastructure teams on evaluation and feasibility assessment of new systems and technologies.
- Partner closely with cloud teams to ensure a cohesive strategy and bridge between infrastructure provisioning and code deployments.
- Ensure 24x7 availability of deployment tools and systems.
- Promote proper and efficient use of tools.
- Research new technologies with common benefits to both Application Development and Infrastructure that promote improved Application Development and Operational efficiency, quality, and stability; currently using the following equipment/tools: GitHub, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Octopus Deploy, Artifactory, Powershell, C#, Java, HTML5, Python, Golang/Go, Windows Server, RHEL, Docker, Mesosphere, and Kubernetes – among others.
- Make talent decisions using evaluations on team health and performance to accomplish objectives to acquire, develop, and retain talent needed for high performing teams.
- Partner closely with Global Security Team to deploy secure solutions aligned to policies and controls
- 5+ years of enterprise application development experience, and/or managing infrastructure technology and deploying to production systems
- Expert level system administration skills in the areas of, but not limited to, networking, storage management, software installation, OS tuning (Linux & Windows)
- Expert hands-on knowledge of at least one IaaS Cloud Platform such as Azure & Google Cloud
- Good understanding of static code analysis, dependency scanning, container security and dynamic security test automation
- Expert level skills in installing and automating CI/CD tools such as Maven/Gradle, Git/Gitlab, Jenkins, Puppet/Chef, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure as code scripting – Terraform, Ansible or equivalent
- Scripting experience in multiple languages - (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Basic understanding of modern architectures and software development practices, including microservices, API Gateways, Event streaming, No-SQL Databases, Distributed Applications
- Good understanding of one or more security standards such as OWASP, NIST, PCI etc.
- Experience with software development testing techniques and technologies. Including but not limited to unit testing, automated acceptance testing and end to end tests.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills -- ability to coordinate and motivate resources
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on experience with OS hardening, container security, firewall configuration
- Experience with automation around data science ecosystems, including machine learning models
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran