Director, CompensationApply Now
The Director, Compensation for C.H. Robinson will drive the global compensation strategy to support business strategy. This role is a key position on our HR leadership team that will lead the Compensation Center of Expertise (COE) to create, deliver and manage our compensation processes. In this role, you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a global compensation framework that includes all components of pay. Additionally, this role will ensure that we deliver a seamless experience to our leaders through critical compensation processes. The ideal candidate must have proven success creating global compensation strategies; a strong ability to serve as a trusted influential advisor to senior leaders and thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
This role reports directly to the Vice President, Human Resources and is located at the Corporate Headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
Compensation Center of Expertise:
- Lead the strategy, integration and implementation of global compensation framework, to include base compensation and incentive compensation.
- Drive a global compensation survey strategy and approach that delivers consistent market pricing that is also reflective of region/country specific context.
- Own the key components of a compensation framework, i.e. job codes, levels, exemption status, etc.
- Serve as a key member of the Workday implementation project team.
- Work directly with functional experts and our global partners to translate current state into a globally aligned model to support our pay for performance philosophy.
- Direct the design, analysis, reporting, policy and procedure development of critical HR and company-wide compensation processes.
- Responsible for strategy and execution of the global mobility program in the organization.
- Maintain data integrity, compliance, risk management and audit processes. Champion privacy initiatives in HR and throughout the global HR organization.
- Lead the Compensation COE who creates, delivers and manages the company’s Compensation processes.
- Provide effective leadership to the Compensation COE by setting priorities, ensuring execution of service delivery model, and a focus on customer centric employee experience.
- Cultivate a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development.
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives.
- Drive a culture that facilitates employee success which includes a positive work environment, employee engagement and a focus on diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the HR Leadership Team; collaborate with other members of the team to manage and execute departmental and organizational initiatives.
- Foster teamwork and collaboration to contribute to our ‘One HR” culture, with mutual accountability and respect within the HR team.
- Partner and consult with leaders of various departments (i.e. IT, Legal, Risk, Security)
- Help drive change within the organization, including adoption of new technologies, processes, and workflows.
- Provide a framework to support sharing knowledge and drive toward cutting edge HR practices.
- Manage and drive budget requirements by ensuring business goals are met with greatest efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or a related field
- Minimum of 8 years’ progressive Human Resources experience
- Experience managing people
- Compensation experience
- Experience working with technology solutions that scale programs and improve efficiencies
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, business, or a related field
- Experience in a decentralized, multi-site, global organization
- Proven consultative, coaching and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven success integrating Compensation structures globally
- Ability to coordinate large scale efforts across multiple disparate teams
- Experience as a change agent at senior levels of the organization; demonstrated learning agility
- Experience collaborating and consulting with global teams
- Recognized organizational skills and ability to manage competing, high priority demands during times of organizational change
- Strong strategic orientation, critical thinking skills, and ability to evaluate broad impacts of work
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative under ambiguous circumstances
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Experience working collaboratively to facilitate the delivery of HR support and service
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran