Director, Executive Communications
- Job ID
- 14701 Charlson Road, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States, 55347-5090
Is creating communications for executives something that you are skilled at and have a passion for? If so, the Director Executive Communications with C.H. Robinson plays an integral part of the Corporate Communications team and collaborates closely with the CEO and senior executives to develop strategies and deliverables. In this role you will be responsible for the development and execution of a proactive communications and thought leadership strategy that helps the company accomplish its business, brand, and communications goals. You will understand and articulate both the company’s strategy and differentiated industry position while bringing a creative, business-focused storytelling sensibility to every project. Translating business results and product messaging into high-quality talking points, content and speeches for senior level executives will be critical to your success. In this position you will utilize writing, organizational and project management skills, confidentiality, and emphasis on quality and detail while working on several projects simultaneously.
- Develop and execute comprehensive communications plan for the CEO and other senior leaders in support of business objectives across multiple channels
- Build and write multiple communications on behalf of the CEO, incorporating external speaking events, blogs, videos, presentations, social media as well as collaborate with internal communications as appropriate
- Collaborate closely with the VP, Public Relations and Corporate Communications and the wider marketing team to provide advice and deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of the business and help build executive amplification strategies in support of commercial objectives
- Lead the development of an executive communications social and owned media strategy for key senior leaders, aligned with broader company business objectives
- Work hand-in-hand with key members of public relations, internal communications, investor relations, and marketing teams to ensure consistent messaging across multiple programs and campaigns
- Support Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) communications as needed
- Stay current on trends, social issues, industry news to anticipate, and plan for ongoing communications needs
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years of public relations and digital news/online/social media experience, preferably in a global, matrixed organization
- Minimum 5 years of experience as communications lead for C-Suite executive(s) in a large, global company
- Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership experience in communications, public relations and executive and thought leadership communications
- Ability to travel up to 15% (domestic and international)
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Transportation, logistics or technology industry experience
- Outstanding written communication and strong ability to craft compelling, commercially relevant messages
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving abilities
- Organized and solid project management disciplines
- Proven ability to lead, facilitate, influence, and organize across groups and at multiple levels of the organization
- Proven experience developing and cultivating strong collaborative working relationships and credibility with geographically dispersed stakeholders at multiple levels
- Media relations experience
- Broad industry perspective, strong network of external communications and marketing professionals, connected to the external community
- Independently and proactively identify problems, propose solutions and execute
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.