Director, Key Customer Segment (Flexible Location)
Are you a commercially focused executive that thrives on leading and implementing strategy with large customers to grow business? Do you have a passion for managing leaders and large, diverse populations of employees? If so, we have opportunities within our key customer segment! The Director of North America Surface Transportation (NAST) will have overarching responsibility for a team of commercial general managers leading our key customers located across North America. You will have the unique opportunity to impact a group of leaders empowered to drive exceptional customer experience and business development to our key segment of customers. If you strive for results, growth and retention of customers, this may be the role for you!
Location for the positions is flexible, though preference will be that candidates ultimately reside in a major market location i.e. Minneapolis, Chicago, Kansas City, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Atlanta, DFW, etc.
- Manages the performance, development, rewards, and recognition of direct reports through performance management, coaching and feedback, and mentoring and training
- Reviews employee engagement measures and implements action plans as appropriate
- Communicates strategic plan, organizational or divisional initiatives, leading indicator KPI’s, financial results, segment performance metrics to employees on a regular basis
Strategic Business Management:
- Strategic planning to optimize the flow of business opportunities to appropriate business development resources
- Utilizes analytics to identify gaps and leverages organizational resources to improve efficiency, productivity, and financial results
- Ensures tools and technologies that are relevant to the segment are being implemented and utilized to benefit the customer
- Actively leads and/or participates in various industry, community, and campus activities to enhance the C.H. Robinson brand
- Accountable for the financial performance of the key segment as measured by the P&L
- Responsible for segment efficiency strategy, implementing automation and process improvement to maximize overall segment profitability
Customer Experience Management:
- Deliver appropriate technology solutions to customers to support their businesses
- Enhance customer value through customer journey while collaborating across teams to identify and pursue strategic customer growth opportunities
- Provide leadership, sponsorship, visibility and engagement with accounts to ensure alignment
- Build strategic relationships with executive and owner level customer contacts
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 8 years of direct people management experience
- Minimum 5 years of leadership in supply chain
- Minimum 12 years of experience in customer account management with a track record for results
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Broad market and industry knowledge
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Natural in establishing and managing relationships, with varying levels of stakeholders
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.