Director of Procurement
C.H. Robinson, a Fortune 250 company is currently seeking a Director of Procurement. This is a great opportunity to create and execute a strategic plan to centralize the management of indirect procurement across a $450M spend. You will provide strategic and tactical leadership in executing organizational purchases, develop and implement all centralized procurement policies, and overall optimization of indirect procurement spend. You will create, hire and develop a team to support these efforts, leading all sourcing efforts to achieve scalability and growth. The organizational objectives broadly include implementation of RFP requirements, realization of cost savings goals, and implementation of Oracle Cloud Procurement modules, including self-service procurement.
- Build and lead an effective procurement process
- Collaborate across departments, and contribute as a leader with executives
- Hire and develop a team to support the execution of the strategy
- Manage the implementation of the Oracle cloud procurement modules
- Influence key stakeholders on all aspects of purchasing to encourage innovative practices, resolve complex issues, and support the realization of departmental and company cost-savings goals
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments
- Deliver the agreed procurement strategy that drives significant year-over-year savings
- Achieve optimal cost, service, and quality outcomes in the goods and services required to achieve company goals
- Measure and communicate spend, savings, operational efficiency and other procurement related benchmarks, while communicating expectations for deliverables and timing to enable the company to achieve overall operational excellence
- Lead a comprehensive supplier management process including evaluation, selection, and relationship management of suppliers, along with KPIs to effectively measure performance
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain clear agreement on technical requirements, pricing, terms and conditions, and delivery, for the best possible position based on market knowledge relevant to category and strategy
- Execute and update contracts for indirect and direct purchases, including ownership of contract terms and conditions, as well as the legal ramifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in Sourcing and Procurement
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with a finance ERP system/tool
- 5+ years management experience managing a team
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Oracle procurement technology experience
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Progressive analytical and computer skills
- Outstanding team building, leadership and communication skills
- Innovative thinking and leadership influence through highly engaging and energizing competency
- Demonstrated ability to create/execute a vision aligned with the larger organizational objectives
- Ability to effectively implement changes in a large, matrixed organization
- Experience with building a centralized procurement strategy and team from the ground up
- Demonstrated experience deploying purchasing and material management policies
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.