Director of User Experience (UX)
C.H. Robinson is seeking a highly motivated Director of User Experience (UX) to shape the future direction and strategy of our global technology consumer experience. You will lead a team of talented UX Designers and help us define the discipline across all studios in our organization. In this role, you will be responsible for defining the vision for multiple product lines across multiple platforms, influencing large programs, and presenting to executive leadership. C.H. Robinson has a variety of software products under the Navisphere brand that service internal and external users across web, mobile and desktop.
This role reports to the Vice President of Software Engineering and is located at the Corporate Headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
- Define and communicate the overall vision and strategy for transforming our customer’s experience across all web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Work with internal and external clients to define and prioritize problems, requirements and recommendations for user-centric solutions
- Lead the prioritization and development for enhancing our existing applications in alignment with overall business objectives
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including software leads, engineers, users, and business partners
- Coordinate team resources and activities to achieve maximum expense control and productivity
- Cultivate a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure the effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives
- 10+ years of professional UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience) design experience
- 3+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary (visual design, interaction design, front-end development, research and usability engineering) teams within an enterprise organization
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of experience working on software product teams
- Travel: 15%
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphical Design, or Human-Computer Interaction
- 15+ years of professional UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience) design experience
- 7+ years of experience working within enterprise software product teams
- Experience designing for global products
- Experience with ERP, TMS, Supply Chain Management or Retail systems
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.