Director, Software Engineering (Customer & Carrier Solutions)Apply Now
We are seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead 100+ onshore person team that owns the external mobile, cloud and rich client applications for our 120,000+ customers and 75,000+ carrier partners. As C.H. Robinson continues to grow and remain the top third-party logistics company in the world, the ideal candidate will have proven success developing, launching, and enhancing multiple web-based applications and is able to both create a compelling strategic vision and lead a team to successful execution.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
- Define and communicate the overall vision and roadmap over our Customer/Carrier capability to achieve business objectives.
- Partner, consult and collaborate with a variety of product and business stakeholders to set the strategy for creating and launching new features within this capability.
- Lead the prioritization and development for enhancing our existing applications in alignment with overall business objectives.
- Communicate, enforce, and integrate development best practices and technology standards that are set from Enterprise Architecture.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture to evaluate issues and make key technical decisions for the capability area. Act as an escalation point to help solve architectural issues.
- Coordinate team resources and activities to achieve maximum expense control and productivity
- Cultivate a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development.
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure the effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives.
- Create and manage the divisional software engineering team budgets and consult on overall engineering budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in software engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in people management; proven success developing talent
- Experience with application development teams building critical proprietary software
- Experience working in an agile environment to deliver software
- Able to travel approximately 15%
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Experience leading application development teams of 100+ employees
- Able to influence and represent the needs of the business to multiple stakeholder groups at all levels; able to navigate complex and competing interest of multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, problem solver who takes initiative
- Strong strategic orientation with the ability to evaluate broad impacts of work
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative under ambiguous circumstances
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment
- Experience working collaboratively to facilitate the delivery of world-class software
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and team development and growth
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran