Disaster Recovery Program Manager
As a Disaster Recovery Program Manager at CH Robinson, you will be responsible for coordinating the efforts to develop procedures that ensure the organization can respond to and recover from an IT disaster. You will assist in the design, development, maintenance, and exercising of the overall Disaster Recovery (DR) program to provide continuity of IT operations for each critical functional area of our systems around the globe. You will also be responsible for leading recovery teams and efforts in real data recovery emergencies and exercises.
To perform those responsibilities you will collaborate with business continuity, infrastructure, software engineering, leadership, and business stakeholders to ensure that critical business functions provided by IT systems can be resumed in alignment with the expectations of CH Robinson’s senior leadership; including Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Monitor environmental changes to maintain existing and develop new recovery strategies, processes, and control plans to manage disaster recovery capabilities, coverage, and response
- Drive continuous process improvement through Business Impact Analyses (BIAs), awareness and training sessions, maintenance of disaster recovery plan documents and policies, process automation, and other disaster recovery program activities
- Co-Lead the quarterly disaster recovery testing process including test preparation, execution, reporting, and issue resolution to ensure that disaster recovery plans are complete and executable
- Develop partnerships across the technology organization to influence decisions and provide quality continuity recommendations
- Maintain personal development through disaster recovery education and disaster recovery industry professional relationships
- Provide guidance and leadership in shift-left activities for reliability, resilience, and continuity of IT systems
- Provide critical on-call coverage for IT continuity impacting issues
- Fulfill additional continuity support functions as assigned
- Intermediate working knowledge of servers, networking, databases, and N-Tier IT application architecture practices
- Basic working knowledge or prior involvement with disaster recovery activities
- 3+ years of experience in information technology
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of equivalent, relevant, professional experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of information technology experience with involvement in continuity responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to quickly deconstruct complex technical scenarios to easily consumable content
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) or similar disaster recovery certification
- ISO/IEC 27031:2011 or ISO 22301:2012 experience
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills with ability to present to, partner with, manage, and influence others across all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated program and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.