Enterprise Architect (Platform Foundation)Apply Now
CH Robinson is one of the world’s top third-party freight-moving companies, working with nearly every Fortune 500 company in America and most of Minnesota’s best-known brands.
Based in Eden Prairie, MN we match manufacturers, retailers, grocers and a host of other companies with cargo carriers to find the best way to move freight and manage supply chains — whether by land, air or sea. We are focusing heavily on leading innovation with modern technology to meet the growing needs of our business. We consider direct consumer feedback as vital to best build the tools that empower our business. We have a strong IT team reaching over 700 employees that support all products and services.
CH Robinson is looking for an Enterprise Architect candidate to lead the strategic direction and oversight of our Platform Foundation tools and technologies for the delivery of software. This role will focus on oversight of areas like Enterprise Monitoring, DevOps, Software Technology Lifecycle, Security, Coordination with Infrastructure, and support of our templates and frameworks underlying major systems. This person must collaborate with other Enterprise Architects in driving forward a unified technical vision to deliver technology to support Robinson’s evolving business strategies. The candidate will also lead a group of Architects who, along with their teams, will be focusing on each of these Foundation categories to deliver their capabilities to our software teams. These efforts will be achieved by supporting the Architecture process, by delivering on strategic changes in our technology, and by providing direct guidance and assistance to all software teams within Robinson. We are looking for a candidate who seeks big challenges as part of a strong agile organization, who has great collaboration skills, and who is driven to deliver intelligent technology solutions that answer tough business problems.
- Collaborate with other Enterprise Architects to strategically plan and guide software teams
- Partner with IT leaders, Architects and business stakeholders in a collaborative environment
- Assist software teams in architecting solutions that are aligned with Enterprise Architecture best practices and long term focus and direction for technology
- Develop and execute on strategic roadmaps for transforming software systems
- Remain up-to-date with emerging industry/technology trends
- Provide guidance on internal system architecture and technical design within the organization
- Communicate with stakeholders and management team on a regular basis in a concise, relevant and effective manner
- Work collaboratively with our business leaders to drive adoption of our solutions
- Lead and develop a team of architects
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of software development and architecture experiences
- 5+ years of experience with large scale Enterprise Architecture (Experience setting medium to large scope technical vision and then leading the execution through others.)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills across multiple teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to communicate ideas and recommendations effectively, both orally and in writing to a broad spectrum of audiences
- Ability to negotiate and obtain agreement on controversial and/or complex issues while remaining objective
- Proven ability to influence the organization and work independently with senior business and IT leaders
- Experience formally or informally leading a team of individuals
- Successful Candidates will have the following characteristics: Pragmatic, enthusiastic, objective, articulate, persistent, strategic, enduring, open, and altruistic
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran