Global Forwarding CoordinatorApply Now
What’s the opportunity?The Global Forwarding Coordinator within the Inland Team of our Ocean Import department will provide shipment level support for Ocean Import files. This individual ensures the customer experience is of the utmost quality. The GFC is responsible for destination deliveries to include data entry, shipment updates, and limited payment processing to include refund requests, etc. The main focus of this position is to assist with managing information and ensuring the accuracy of shipment information within our customized software systems.
Upon starting with C.H. Robinson, you will be enrolled in training to jumpstart your knowledge of our company and our industry, help you excel in our culture and ensure your proficiency in our systems and processes. The training will be a mix of activities, including instructor led classes, self-guided learning, as well as in-office coaching and mentoring.
- Data entry of shipment details from multiple sources (excel report, email correspondence etc).
- Primary responsibility in data accuracy and integrity
- Pre-Alerting delivery carriers of upcoming shipments
- Auditing Import shipments to verify all necessary requirements are fulfilled, prior to tender to partner carrier
- Dispatching Drayage carriers once delivery requirements are reached
- Pro-actively executing drayage payables and billables.
- Manage communication flow between drayage carriers/central billing team and Account Management team
- Optimize all available technology to execute tasks in most efficient/accurate manner possible
- Communicate with Global Forwarding Agents, Entry Writers, Account Managers and Sales Personnel and collaborate on SOP’s
- Understand where you can grow business at a desk level – identify opportunities to Account Management team.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Effective communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Internet Search Engines
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics and or International Business a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED required
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran