Hosting EngineerApply Now
The Application Systems Lab Engineer is responsible for system health, performance, and availability of our application environments within a performance stress test lab. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a customer focused personality, a strong inner drive for continuous improvement, works with a sense of urgency, and a willingness to learn new technologies. Communication and ownership of problems is integral to this role.
The Application Systems Lab Engineer will be on the front lines of support for the wide realm of technologies within the AppHosting domain. Primary responsibilities for this role will be to work within a team of lab engineers to provide build, configure, monitor, and performance recommendations to a production stress test lab. The Application Systems Lab Engineer will also be primarily responsible for deployment of web services, containers, and other components within the AppHosting test lab domain. We are looking for a creative and versatile individual that is proficient with Linux and containerization, as well as proficient on the Windows front. As a team, we strive to automate, to innovate, to optimize, and to keep the lights on at all costs.
- Build, configure, support and monitor for performance in performance stress test lab.
- Deploy and support web, middle-tier, and 3rd-party systems across lab environments.
- Ensure performance and availability of tools and systems via real-time monitoring and triage.
- Investigate system resource spikes and anomalies.
- Automate repetitive duties to reduce time and human error, and to enable delegation of support tasks.
- Manage disk space
- Review dashboards for application telemetry
- Work with monitoring and application teams to ensure that lab environment is performing correctly.
- Create documentation for support processes and procedures.
- Create solutions for quick test turn arounds and repeatable test iterations
- Participate in handoff and assumption of support and deployment activities to/from other production support team members.
- 2-4 years of Enterprise experience maintaining, supporting, and deploying to production systems.
- Must be proficient in Linux, with Docker experience a plus. Container orchestration experience (Mesosphere, Kubernetes, etc.) strongly desired.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Server technology and IIS.
- Must be familiar with load-balancing and traffic management technologies (F5, Kong, etc.).
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (ie. PowerShell, Bash), with desire and aptitude to learn others.
- Positive, collaborative attitude.
- Works with a sense of urgency to resolve problems.
- Proactive, accountable, autonomous, and solutions oriented
- Strong troubleshooting, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrate previous experience in establishing and utilizing processes and metrics to manage support activities.
Windows Server, IIS, Red Hat, F5, PowerShell, SSH, Docker, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, Ansible, PKI/certificates, BizTalk, RabbitMQ, Kong, Active Directory, VMWare
Minimum: 2-year technical degree
Preferred: 4-year computer science degree or related field
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran