Hosting EngineerApply Now
The Hosting Engineer on the Application Hosting team is responsible for building and maintaining highly performant, and highly available application environments using a wide array of technologies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a customer focused personality, a strong inner drive for continuous improvement, a sense of urgency, and a willingness to learn and bring new technologies to market within C.H. Robinson. Communication and ownership of problems and projects is integral to the Application Hosting team. This Hosting Engineer works closely with infrastructure, development, and DevOps teams.
The Application Hosting team is central to the onboarding of exciting new platforms and technologies within C.H. Robinson. Join us as we pivot to operationalize containers and container orchestration platforms, and as Linux and open systems become a bigger part of our support footprint. We are looking for a creative and versatile individual that is passionate about Linux and open systems, and is also capable on the Windows front. As a team, we strive to automate, to innovate, to optimize, and to keep the lights on at all costs.
- Deploy and manage web, middle-tier, and 3rd-party systems across multiple environments.
- Ensure 24x7 performance and availability of tools and systems.
- Design, configure, and support load-balancing strategies and implementations.
- Automate repetitive duties to reduce time and human error.
- Participate in an on-call rotation providing 24x7 support of production systems and applications.
- Partner with AppDev and infrastructure teams to evaluate usefulness and feasibility of new systems and technologies.
- Work with monitoring and application teams to ensure that proper monitoring is in place for tools and systems.
- Create documentation for processes, procedures, and architecture.
- 3-5 years of Enterprise experience maintaining, supporting, and deploying to production systems.
- Must be proficient in Linux, with Docker experience a plus. Container orchestration experience (Mesosphere, Kubernetes, etc.) strongly desired.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Server technology and IIS.
- Must be proficient with load-balancing and traffic management technologies.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (ie. PowerShell, Bash).
- Familiarity with development methodologies like Agile, and deployment processes, and change management similar to ITIL in a multi environment ecosystem.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Positive, collaborative attitude.
- Proactive, accountable, autonomous, and solutions oriented
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines while working across multiple groups.
- Ability to perform technical analysis of complex software, hardware, and networks.
- Demonstrate previous experience in establishing and utilizing processes to manage support activities.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills -- ability to coordinate and motivate resources.
Windows Server, IIS, Red Hat, F5, PowerShell, SSH, Docker, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, Ansible, GIT, , PKI/certificates, BizTalk, RabbitMQ, Kong, Active Directory, VMWare, SQL Server, TFS, Sitecore, In-house deployment tools
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran