IT Business Analyst IIIApply Now
We seek a highly motivated, and uniquely creative, software business analyst to join our Customer Integration Technology Team. This role requires a highly motivated driven person looking for a challenging and rewarding environment that has an entrepreneurial culture that promotes creativity, personal initiative, team collaboration, and fun. You will work in a demanding and exciting environment that is creative, detail oriented, and absolutely vital to the success and strength of the company.
- Understand and translate business and customer needs into software development work for your team’s specific product domain to accomplish business results
- Analyze and document identified business process and/or technical improvement needs while evaluating information from multiple stakeholders and data sources.
- Work in partnership with dependent IT teams when determining work and priority for your team’s domain using an understanding of the dependencies of your team’s domain as well as an understanding of the CHR IT structure, and ask questions to learn where to go for information.
- Collaborate to build stories that align with target architecture
- Understand business processes and identify potential opportunities for improvement by analyzing the processes and capabilities of the team’s technology.
- Coordinates day-to-day project tasks for integrating electronic solutions, and holding offshore team accountable to deliverables
- Understands how data impacts business operations for internal and external customers and trading partner(s)
- Partners with the team(s) to identify, mitigate and escalate project risks
- Coordinates and communicates necessary changes for team to be efficient, effective and work with a sense of urgency
- Stay informed of evolving business strategy and how your team’s domain impacts and provides value to others by making contacts and building relationships at multiple levels within IT and in the business lines. Applies this knowledge to shape work for the team
- Partner with other Business Analysts, delivery leads, architects, and technical leaders, to continuously communicate the business value of their work to the team through facilitating meetings, and creating and sharing tools that articulate value on technology features and milestones.
- Keep stakeholders informed on deliverables and partner with your team to mitigate risks and resolve technical impediments. Identify and escalate risks that impact the project deadline to leaders, project managers, and delivery leads.
- Regularly review the team backlog and write stories ensuring there is sufficient work in the team backlog.
- Partner with others in creating, coordinating, and executing on test plans that covers story acceptance criteria. This may include quality assurance testing (QA) and user acceptance testing (UAT), as well as defect and issue tracking processes.
- Prioritize own work efforts and actively raise questions to team/leadership. Complete applicable assigned stories. Recognize and ask for help when needed.
- 5+ years of business analyst, software or customer implementation experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, specifically the ability to take technical details and make them understandable to non-technical internal and external facing individuals at different levels
- Must be a strong facilitator; adept at running meetings across multiple teams for elicitation and management of business requirements, and balancing priorities for integrations
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities concurrently
- Proven ability to quickly learn and become proficient in multiple new and existing custom enterprise applications and functionalities, and apply to electronic integration setups
- Ability to think strategically, demonstrate ROI awareness, and is detail oriented
- Should be a self-starter and able to work efficiently under minimal supervision
- Excellent team player, successful experience working as a contributing member of a team
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience with sourcing, logistics, and/or supply chain businesses
- Demonstrated ability to implement complex, large scale solutions
- Possesses advanced process mapping skills
- Ability to build and gain trust quickly
- Experience with Agile and Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Experience working with enterprise level software development that is custom built in-house and proprietary
- Experience with delimited flat files, XML, EDI X12, EDIFACT, iDOC, JSON and other standard data exchange formats
- Experience with implementing in-house ERP systems and working knowledge of API, SaaS, SAP, and/or Oracle
- Ability to understand and use basic SQL
- Familiarity with communication protocols (AS2, FTP, VAN, web services)
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran