Lead Accounts Payable Representative
As an Accounts Payable Team Lead on our Central Office Accounts Payable team, you will be responsible for updating internal procedures and cross-training new and existing team members. You will be the go-to expert for researching and resolving complex questions and problems and collaborating with users, IT, and support to resolve breaks, identify improvement opportunities, and implement change. You’ll leverage your analytical skills to create reports and tell the story behind the data to influence change. As the Accounts Payable Team Lead, you will be empowered to network and identify best practices to ensure we are meeting and exceeding company goals and internal customer service level expectations.
- Train Accounts Payable team members
- Update internal procedures
- Ensure new hires are onboarded and fully trained on internal procedures and company policies
- Assist with department cross-training to ensure service level agreements are met
- Compile customer training documentation and provide onsite, offsite, and web-based training
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated and complex Accounts Payable Inquiries and issues
- Inclusive of Concur, Corporate Card Program, and Rent support
- Identify areas of opportunity and make recommendations for improvement
- Monitor, audit and direct the work performed by team members to ensure compliance with internal procedures & company policy
- Ensure all work is accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Assist with preparing department Key Performance Indicators (metrics)
- Provide timely escalation of issues to Accounts Payable leadership
- Accounts Payable tools and systems
- Utilize technology to appropriately address improvements in operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Responsible for ongoing systems maintenance and testing for Concur, AppZen, Oracle, and ServiceNow
- Work with users, internal IT groups to resolve break/fixes
- Subject Matter Expert for designing, testing, and implementing future enhancements
- Contribute to Accounts Payable close activities
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in the accounting field as it relates to accounts payable
- Maintain and grow knowledge necessary to develop department goals and programs, and retain professional competence
- All other duties/projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a general office or corporate environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience using accounting principles
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate in a cross-functional, team-based environment
- Demonstrated experience mentoring others
- General knowledge of accounting systems
- Experience with Oracle and Concur a plus, or equivalent ERP or Travel Software
- High level of commitment to customer service and follow up
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, and consistently takes initiative when investigating issues and requests
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver high quality work within a dynamic, ever-changing deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Working knowledge of AppZen, ServiceNow, and Microsoft suite
- Advance Excel skills
- Associates degree with an Accounting or Finance focus
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. We combine the talent of our people, industry expertise and cutting-edge technology to ensure our business partners get their goods from point A to point B
Our high-performing team is made up of diverse perspectives, creative minds and an inherent drive to get the job done. We work in 40 different countries and speak 80 different languages. Together, we innovate. We solve problems. We have fun.
Join us and experience a collaborative environment where you will be respected and rewarded for your ideas and achievements. You will also find opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Together, we care. We give back. We make a difference.
At C.H. Robinson, our success is built on a foundation of thriving, engaged employees who help shape the future, accelerate global trade, and drive the industry we all count on, forward.
join our talent network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.