Lead Operations Engineer (App Hosting)Apply Now
The Lead Application Systems Engineer is responsible to help lead and set direction for a global team supporting our AppHosting environment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a customer focused personality, a strong inner drive for continuous improvement, works with a sense of urgency, and a willingness to learn new technologies. Communication and ownership of problems is integral to this role. This Lead Application Systems Engineer will work closely with and in conjunction with US based team as well as other global team members to deliver follow the sun support for our AppHosting environment. A strong candidate will be able to work independently and have strong collaboration skills to coordinate, share and move work within a global team.
The Lead Application Systems Engineer will be the primary technical resource for a wide realm of technologies within the AppHosting domain. Primary responsibilities for this role will be to ensure team engagement in high priority incidents, to provide escalated assistance, to identify root cause, to restore service as quickly as possible, and identify opportunities for future prevention. The Lead Application Systems Engineer will also be primarily responsible for deployment of web services, containers, and other components within the AppHosting domain. Additionally – the person in this role will work closely with our AppHosting Engineers on larger initiatives related to system performance, availability, and support and will work to help operationalize new initiatives so they can be promoted to production. We are looking for a creative and versatile individual that is proficient with Linux and containerization, as well as proficient on the Windows front. As a team, we strive to automate, to innovate, to optimize, and to keep the lights on at all costs.
- Set daily team work priorities across project and production support responsibilities on a global team.
- Provide escalated technical support and mentoring to team members.
- Day to day coaching on team processes and work execution
- Help define and support the team’s performance metrics.
- Performance and capacity planning for the AppHosting environment.
- Coordinate project and production support resources for global AppHosting team.
- Create documentation and SOPs for AppHosting support processes and procedures.
- Promote cross team engagement, including development and infrastructure
- Focus team outcomes/work on incident prevention, mitigation, and monitoring and detection strategies.
- Deploy and support web, middle-tier, and 3rd-party systems across multiple environments.
- Ensure performance and availability of tools and systems via real-time monitoring and triage.
- Investigate system resource spikes and anomalies.
- Write scrips to Automate repetitive duties to reduce time and human error, and to enable delegation of support tasks.
- Review dashboards for application telemetry to help make capacity and availability decisions
- Work with monitoring and application teams to ensure that proper monitoring is in place for tools and systems.
- Participate in handoff and assumption of support and deployment activities to/from other regional team members.
- 2 year technical degree in computer science or related field or minimum of 2 years comparable experience
- Minimum of 4 years of Enterprise experience maintaining, supporting, and deploying to production systems.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience with Microsoft Server technology and IIS.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Linux
- Experience with load-balancing and traffic management technologies (F5, Kong, etc.).
- 4-year computer science degree or related field
- Positive, collaborative attitude.
- Proactive, accountable, autonomous, and solutions oriented
- Strong troubleshooting, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrate previous experience in establishing and utilizing processes and metrics to manage support activities.
- Experience with Docker experience a plus. Container orchestration experience (Mesosphere, Kubernetes, etc.) strongly desired.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (ie. PowerShell, Bash), with desire and aptitude to learn others.
- Previous experience mentoring and coaching others
Windows Server, IIS, Red Hat, F5, PowerShell, SSH, Docker, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, Ansible, PKI/certificates, RabbitMQ, Kong, Active Directory, VMWare
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran