Lead Software Engineer - REMOTE
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most connected supply chain platform, Navisphere. If you are a software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
There are many journeys you can choose to take with us – this is just one example! We also offer opportunities to advance into leadership roles where you could be both hands-on and directly leading a team. We support your desired path and life goals.
Software Engineer II
Software Engineer III
Senior Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
There are a lot of fun events outside of the main responsibilities such as projects which involved people from different parts of the organization working together on tech and non-tech topics, events organized by Women in Tech (employee resource group) such as the book club and activities encouraged by the HR Team.Patrycja,
Software Quality Assurance Analyst, Warsaw, Poland
Teamwork culture is valuable. Workflow-wise, you do not feel that you work in a large company. We’ve got small teams with a lot of initiative. At the same time, you see the scale of the system architecture and you realize that you work in a big company with a small, friendly team attitude.Pawel,
Software Engineer, Warsaw, Poland
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.William,
Software Engineer II, North America
C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. With $28 billion in freight under management and 2.5X larger than the next largest North American freight broker, we are one of the world’s largest logistics platforms with our 100,00 customers and 85,000 contract carriers. Our global suite of services accelerates trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. Our technology is built by and for supply chain experts to bring faster, more meaningful improvements to our customers’ businesses.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer on our LTL (Less Than Truckload) team who can help us disrupt the logistics industry. We need a leader with both the experience and passion for building stable, durable, and extensible code. We are building brand new, data-intensive software products that are focused on delivery sophisticated tools for our business, customers, and carriers. Machine learning, predictive analytics, and real-time information processing are areas we are heavily investing in. We have an established data science program that continues to power decision making and automation. In this position you’ll be supervising a team of machine learning engineers, data engineers, and software engineers who partner closely with our Business Data Science team to take solutions from discovery to production with scalable and well-engineered solutions.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Develop software products (50% hands-on)
- Train, mentor, and develop a dynamic, collaborative team of talented machine learning engineers, data engineers, and software engineers solving complex business problems in imaginative and innovative ways
- Partner with our Business Data Science team to define and ensure data science best software engineering practices
- Communicate the team’s work to a range of stakeholders and leaders in technology and the business
- Lead efforts to increase the advanced algorithm acumen of technology and business stakeholders
- Release Management: bring technical & business priorities into one plan (include dependency management)
- Collaborate with architects, value owners, project managers, delivery leads, data scientists, engineers, and support team members to bring R&D projects from discovery phases into production
- Drive efficiencies and best practices across teams
- Mentor and guide the career development of your members
- Foster continuous learning and innovation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within information technology
- Familiarity in one or more core data science disciplines (e.g., machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.)
- Proficiency with analytic, optimization, database, and data visualization tools – Python, SQL, Kafka, Snowflake, Hadoop ecosystem, Hive, R and other NoSQL technologies (Elasticsearch, Redis, etc.)
- Proficiency developing containerized applications
- Working experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. PostgresSQL, MS SQL, Oracle) including schema design, stored procedure development and performance and optimization techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience leading software engineering teams – especially machine learning engineering teams
- Proven ability in change management and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills - Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex solutions and in a relatable way at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency developing and deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience working with workflow orchestration or DAG tools such as Airflow
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Join Our Talent Community
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.