Lead Software EngineerApply Now
C.H. Robinson is seeking an experienced software engineer for our Orders capability team. The Orders capability team is responsible for maintaining and moving our core Orders platform into the future.
The individual in this role will perform analysis, design, development, and testing tasks to deliver on software projects. The position requires excellent problem-solving skills and interaction with internal customers and other IT teams. The individual will have a passion to solve technical and business problems, pay great attention to detail, and take pride in their work. They will be a mentor for junior developers and will provide technical expertise as we grow and evolve our software development organization.
C.H. Robinson has an entrepreneurial culture that promotes creativity, personal initiative, team collaboration and fun. The successful applicant will be a creative, self-motivated individual, capable of working in a team environment, and on multiple projects at once. We need this person to contribute ideas to continually improve our software development processes and standards, and to keep up to speed with emerging software development technologies. Applicants should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a high-paced environment.
- Work closely with business analysts and architects to define, estimate, and design solutions for complex software development projects
- Lead development teams in creating new software implementations. Develop enhancements to existing products
- Identify risks and issues during projects and communicate them to leadership appropriately
- Work cross-team to introduce new technology and refine our development standards and processes.
- Mentor and guide junior level engineers, performing code reviews and pair programming.
- Write quality code that integrates with our existing systems. Help ensure junior developers do the same.
- Deliver and promote software development best practices such as test-driven design, continuous integration and continuous integration
- Maintain the integrity of application architecture.
- Continually improve and refactor legacy components to evolve into our modern target architecture
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies
- Participate in the scrum development process. Contribute to stand ups, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives
- 5-7+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing applications with .Net
- Experience with C#, Java, or equivalent OO languages
- Experience creating RESTful services using XML and/or JSON
- Strong experience with OO design, design patterns and SOLID Principles
- In-depth experience with relational database technology including schema design, stored procedure development and SQL queries. SQL Server preferred.
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient with Git, or comparable distributed version control system. Experience working on large-scale open source or inner source software development projects is a plus
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in test and/or behavior driven development
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment practices
- Solid interpersonal communication and collaboration skills are required
- Up to 10% travel
- Experience with distributed search technologies such as Elasticsearch
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- A proven track record of delivering UIs using technologies such as Angular, WPF, and WinForms
- Previous experience in transportation, logistics, order management and/or financial systems is a plus
- Eager to tackle scaling challenges using cloud technologies
Undergraduate degree in computer science/software engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
Become a part of our team of over 500 talented IT Professionals. Work in collaborative, Agile development environment. Find continuing challenges and work with committed leaders. Stay with us – we’re large enough to build global solutions, but small enough to make real impacts as individuals.
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran