Lead Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you will work with the latest frameworks, languages, and tools available to build world class software that is transforming the logistics industry. You'll be challenged to build modern, responsive, and highly scalable systems that are accelerating commerce through the world's most powerful supply chain platform; Navisphere. If you are an experienced software engineer who enjoys collaborating with other talented and passionate engineers and working on the world's most complex supply chain solutions, this is the opportunity for you!
What does it take to be a successful Software Engineer for C.H. Robinson? Take a look at these traits and see if you have the right mix.
I’ve found my time at C.H. Robinson extremely rewarding. It’s a fast paced environment where we use cutting edge technologies to move the world. Each day is a new challenge, receiving updates from the business, developing and deploying solutions, and getting immediate feedback from users.
What's A Typical Day Like?
- Write, Design, Review Code: 55%
- Testing: 30%
- Agile Activities: 15%
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Software Engineer Supervisor (Data Science) who can help us disrupt the logistics industry and take our technology to new heights with data science. We need a leader with both the experience and passion for building stable, durable, and extensible code. We are building brand new, data-intensive software products that are focused on delivery sophisticated tools for our business, customers and carriers. Big data, machine learning, predictive analytics and cognitive computing are areas we are heavily investing in. We have an established data science program that continues to power decision making and automation. In this position you’ll be supervising a team of machine learning engineers, data engineers, and software engineers who partner closely with our Business Data Science team to take solutions from discovery to production with scalable and well-engineered solutions.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Develop software products (40% hands-on)
- Train, mentor, and develop a dynamic, collaborative team of talented machine learning engineers, data engineers, and software engineers solving complex business problems in imaginative and innovative ways
- Partner with our Business Data Science team to define and ensure data science best software engineering practices
- Communicate the team’s work to a range of stakeholders and leaders in technology and the business
- Lead efforts to increase the advanced algorithm acumen of technology and business stakeholders
- Release Management: bring technical & business priorities into one plan (include dependency management)
- Collaborate with architects, value owners, project managers, delivery leads, data scientists, engineers, and support team members to bring R&D projects from discovery phases into production
- Drive efficiencies and best practices across teams
- Mentor and guide the career development of your members
- Foster continuous learning and innovation
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience within information technology
- Familiarity in one or more core data science disciplines (e.g., machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.)
- Proficiency with analytic, optimization, database and data visualization tools – Hadoop ecosystem, Python, Spark, Hive, Kafka, SQL, R and other NoSQL technologies (Elasticsearch, MongoDB. Etc.)
- Knowledge and/or practical experience working within an Agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience leading software engineering teams – especially machine learning engineering teams
- Proven ability in change management and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills - Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex solutions and in a relatable way at all levels of the organization
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Join our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.