Manager, Operational Excellence (Lead Op Ex Specialist Team)Apply Now
The Manager, Operational Excellence will lead a team of Operational Excellence Specialists to implement new and improved business processes & technology solutions to the North America Surface Transportation (NAST) network of branches and operational centers. This role is critical in ensuring that process and technology changes are sustained in the network in order to achieve World Class Operations objectives of improving quality while reducing our cost to serve. The Manager will lead change management execution through partnership with the Transformation Office, Project Management, HR Business Partners, Corporate Learning and Development, Communications, and others as needed. Together with their team of Specialists, the Manager will be one of several primary channels of process and technology change introduction to the desk-level up to the GM-level inclusive of the Commercial, Capacity and Operations job families. This team will influence, support and in some cases lead the creation of training content including videos, training presentations, job aids and workshop agendas, and will play an important role in insuring all relevant L&D content is and remains synchronized with Corporate L&D and other functional training material.
Strategy Deployment / Implementation:
- Collaborate with Director to develop roadmaps that support the delivery of world class operations vision and strategy.
- Identify, communicate, and drive implementation of process improvements. Execute change management and communication strategies that produce desired results; partner with cross-functional SMEs to create visibility and collaboration while optimizing change strategies.
- Provide leadership to the department and support continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Serve as liaison to corporate Transformation Office, Learning and Development (L&D), Communications, and IT teams to partner and stay aligned on all operations and quote-to-cash employee training programs.
- Establish and continually evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of training content and delivery methods.
- Steward the NAST Business Process SOPs (inclusive of creation, storage, maintenance and quality assurance of any
- Business Process SOPs and related job aids or training materials).
- Invest time to understand industry best practices, direction and competitive advantages with a focus on adult learning styles and training effectiveness.
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, employee development and performance management.
- Conduct regular 1-1 meetings with direct reports to evaluate progress on goals, support employee development and drive positive engagement.
- Promote cross-training and learning opportunities to develop knowledge base across the various stages of the end-to-end solution design process.
- Collaborate with Director and team members in setting team strategy, develop and cascade goals/KIAs, and develop performance metrics and continuous improvement plans, in support of annual and ongoing objectives and team purpose and to measure team success and opportunities.
- Monthly review and management of financial reports and accountable for budgeting process
- Promote continuous growth and efficiency within Operational Excellence
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience
- Previous experience in adult education or training and change management techniques to drive individual and team behavior change in order to sustain business process improvement
- Minimum of 2 years’ change management experience consisting of executing large, cross functional change initiatives
- Previous supervisory experience to include building and growing a team and performance management (establishing goals, coaching, development, performance appraisals)
- Previous project management experience that included managing multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel 25%
- Knowledge of lean, six sigma and/or related methodologies
- Previous experience leading in a matrix organization, able to motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels
- Demonstrated ability to present complex issues to senior level management and contribute to level presentations and discussions with such audiences
- Working knowledge of project & resource management practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with team members, management and internal/external partners
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing without authority
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience within logistics or transportation industry
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
At C.H. Robinson, we believe in accelerating global trade to drive the world’s economy. Using the strengths of our people, processes and technology, we help our customers work smarter, not harder. As one of the world’s largest third-party logistics providers (3PL), we provide a broad portfolio of logistics services, fresh produce sourcing and Managed Services through our global network. In addition, the company, our Foundation and our employees contribute annually to a variety of organizations. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, C.H. Robinson (CHRW) is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit http://www.chrobinson.com or view our company video.
Equal Opportunity Employer
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran